Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 Tangs battle for dominance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 Tangs battle for dominance
    Posted: September 25 2005 at 8:01pm
So this Yellow Tang is beating up on the new (added 24 hrs ago) and slightly larger Purple Tang. I am using my trusty stick to scare the YT away. This stick has a pin stuck through the end at an angle. I use it to pop Valonia and do other useful things in the tank. I was just a little ticked off because YT refuses to leave PT alone, so I poked it with the pin. And you know what...it liked it!  The darn YT turned on the stick and started challanging the stick.  Maybe it thought it had found it's match...something with as sharp of a point as it's own peduncular spine.

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 8:05pm
One tough fish
Tangs seem to do this for a few days from what I have seen. Then get along just fine.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 25 2005 at 11:56pm
My YT that was in the tank picked on my PT when I first put it in the tank.  The YT kept the PT in the corner of the tank behind the reef for 3 entire months.  This behavior only stopped when I put in the Powder Blue.  Then the PB and the YT became buds and the YT left the PT alone.  Everyone, including the still newer Regal Blue Tang, get along wonderfully now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic