Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sad day for an old member - lets help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sad day for an old member - lets help!
    Posted: October 20 2017 at 12:25am
One of our oldest members in the club recently had a huge tank issue and lost nearly all of his corals. We know him as Ross Bagshaw. A once thriving tank with a 15+ year old wall hammer is toast. He wants to rebuild but it'll take some time.

As a club, I'd like to see if anybody is willing to donate some frags or colonies to help him rebuild. He's very passionate about his tank and as I see it, it's what most others would consider a passion for classic cars, huge gardens, art, etc. It may take a few weeks for the tank to come back from the dead corals so it wouldn't have to be immediate. If anybody would like to donate something, please post on this thread what you would like to give and I'll find a day after his tank is ready to drive around and gather them up and deliver them. If you would like to meet there that day to deliver it, I'm sure he wouldn't mind the support. If you see him, please don't say anything as it would be cool to give him a surprise with all the corals from club members. Feel free to pm me with questions.  
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 6:59am
This is a great thing. Thanks Paul for being there to help and my heart goes out to Ross. I hope we can get some items back in there to help rebuild his system. I'll look and see what I might have that I could donate and let you know.

My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 9:51am
I don't have frags, but I'll PayPal you a donation. Then you can buy him whatever frag you think he'd want?

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 9:51am
Or better yet, I'll buy something at fragstock and you can give it to him.
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 10:07am
My corals are lacking, I have a ton of GSP and some Cespit (spelling)area that I can donate but doesn't always transfer well.  I do have a hairy mushroom rock that grows fast!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Echidna09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Echidna09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 10:42am
So sad! Ross is so nice. He bought a torch frag from me a few months ago. I fragged a big piece of RPE he asked for after that but never heard from him after it was ready. I can give him that and another torch frag when I can frag it again (may be soon but I dont think it's ready right now). I've got some misc other zoas and stuff I could give too.

Let me know what will work best to get it to him. You can text me if you want. 8019210353.

I hope he can get everythjing going again quickly.

Nick
The Fish Tank View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fish Tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 11:02am
If someone will come in to the store and remind me, I will donate some coral.
2196 w 3500 s. wvc, ut. 84119 801-887-7000 m-f 12-8, sat 11-6, sun 11-4
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 11:23am
I'll throw in some striped candy cane frags. They are always floating around my tank. 

Probably can do a piece of red/purple chalice as well. It is beginning to shadow some of my other corals, and depending on when you gather things up, I'll probably need to cut it back.

Edited by shaggydoo - October 20 2017 at 12:15pm
60g LPS Cube
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 11:53am
Ive got yellow polyps, gsp and some zoas
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 12:56pm
I have red mushrooms and green striped mushrooms, daisy polyps, green encrusting gorgonian, Kenya tree, and a piece of tyree green toadstool leather if any of that would work.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 2:16pm
All of that will work perfectly!!! Much of what was mentioned was in the tank to begin with. Thanks guys!
D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 4:02pm
Hey Paul message me I have alot to choose from and I'll donate a few frags I've got softies lps and sps. Just let me know
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 5:38pm
Totally will when the tank is clean again. Thanks everyone!
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 11:16pm
I am willing to donate some Mary Jane zoas and some Ponape Birdsnest if any interest. Not colonies, but some decent starts
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2017 at 2:57am
Great!
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 11:14pm
Hi all! After a MONTH of water changes, carbon, skimming, etc... Ross's tank is finally on the rebound. Nearly 400 gallons of water and pounds of carbon and phosphate remover. The few corals that are left are beginning to get color back and open up again.

So i think soon, as long as someone else doesnt cause any more issues, he should be able to house corals again. So anybody willing to donate, please list what you would like to give on here and once i get the list, I'll pm you for a pickup time and location.

Thanks everyone willing to give Ross a new start!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 3:49pm
I've got eagle eyes, scrambled eggs, Daisy cutters, Gobstoppers I will donate
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2017 at 10:33pm
Thanks!!
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D&Fs_SALTY_HEVAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 1:01am
No problem
phys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2017 at 5:43am
Picked up corals from badfinder, krazie, shaggydoo, The fish tank, jdinchak and some monetary help from adam, dion, and reefon!!! I wasnt able to make it to a few places but thanks for trying to help!

I dropped them off to Ross's house on the 10th and when I showed them to him, he didnt know what to say. I could tell he was happy about it since he was eager to add them but he couldnt find words to say anything. But he did say thanks for thinking of him and helping out. I visited again this past sunday and most things are doing well and are opening up. His tank is slowly getting back to its previous healthy state and he's slowly adding more. Hopefully he'll be in next years reef tour?

Thanks again for everyone's effort and help! He definitely seems a lot more enthusiastic about staying in the hobby.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic