Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Purple kenya tree and Xenia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WaitForIt... View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Purple kenya tree and Xenia
    Posted: November 08 2017 at 10:28am
Hey all,
i have some good size kenya tree growing that i need to thin out.  Also, i have a small colony of xenia that are taking up some valuable real estate.  I'd like to trade or sell for cheap to anyone interested in these easy corals.  Let me know what you've got!

801-699-6263
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.
Reefresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2017 at 8:19pm
I’m interested in the Xenia as long as it’s not Pom Pom Xenia. I could trade a frag of green montipora. Or $5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 7:57am
I guess i'm not entirely sure what makes it pom pom or not.  You could come see it for yourself, if you'd like.
It is possible that longing for something is actually better than having it. Satisfaction is the death of desire.
Reefresh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefresh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 5:49pm
Usually Pom Pom spreads out in small stalks. others grow thicker taller trunk like structures

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 9:16pm
These are thicker stalked. They haven't really spread, just grow tall
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 10:32pm
The Pulsing Xenia that is most common these days spreads over the rock and even propagates itself similar to Kenya Tree, sending frags floating around the tank. I believe its origin is the Red Sea.

In the old days when the name "Pom Pom Xenia" was coined, it described a Pulsing Xenia from the Fiji Islands that looked pretty much like a Cheerleaders Pom Pom. The first pic is that Xenia in one of my tanks around 1999 and the second pic is from another hobbyist tank, about 2003. If these pics look like what you have, I am also interested in a frag.

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaitForIt... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2017 at 8:16am
These are all gone!  thanks all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic