Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

little advise needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: little advise needed
    Posted: November 10 2017 at 5:03am
I am buying a RED SEA REEFER DELUXE XXL 750 . Foot print is 25.6 wide and 71 inches long. estimated weight 2000 pounds. I would like to put this upstairs. My home was built in 2000 by Watt homes and is a rambler with a full finished basement. Can i do it? or do I need to re-enforce my floor? If i need someone to check it out do you all know someone that can do this? any help would be appreciated.

Thank You, William Rogers
LOL
William Rogers
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 8:08am
my setup is about the same as you were describing and I also was worried about the weight. I set my tank up to be right above a weight bearing wall in the basement so there was no need to do any reinforcement. but i would be worried about putting it over an open floor.
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 9:06am
Floor by Nate Owen, on Flickr
Here is a little diagram to help you out a little more. all 3 tank placements are totally ok for your system. You typically want to span across several joists (being right next to the center bearing wall or exterior wall is best). If you are parallel to the joists then it is best that you try and get at least one portion of the tank on the center bearing wall (ie it doesn't have to be centered just close). This does not mean that other positions won't work, these are just the best scenarios for placing a tank. Let me know if you have more questions. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 1:20pm
Ask me - no problem at all.

Ask Corey Price - get a real answer.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Zack801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zack801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 1:48pm
I prefer adam answers.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2017 at 9:54pm
Corey Price (forum name Corey Price) is a Structural Engineer and a long time hobbyist. I believe that Adam is saying he trusts Corey to give the absolutely right answer. I also trust Corey, yet I am also with Adam. If the tank is positioned according to that floor diagram, it will be just fine.

Modern floors are built to hold a room packed with heavy furniture and a party of dancing people. They can hold that tank. Great diagram, by the way.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2017 at 8:30am
Thank you all for your help  Handshake

William Rogers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic