Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Science Teacher in need of help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pigwrestler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigwrestler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Science Teacher in need of help!!!
    Posted: November 15 2017 at 10:36am
Hello 

I know I have done this before last year and the community was so helpful. My name is Chris Saunders and I teach a class called tanked for middle school students we are in the midst of this class and I am wondering if I could have some help with supplies and livestock. I am trying to make a coral reef tank out of a red sea 170s tank I would love to put in a refugium as well as clowns and Bangia Cardinal fish with corals and anenomes. I want to show the students the mutual relationships that the fish have with the corals and anenomes and how to create a balances ecosystem one reason I would like to get a refugium going as well so then they could show what our tank is doing and compare it to the reefs around the world. We would love to be able to give back to the community as well as have you as experts come in and talk to the students about lighting, chemicals, and other important topics! If there is anyway that you could donate any item that would be amazing! The tank has been running for almost a year with sand in it the salinity now is sitting at 1.020 SG. Please if there is any way you could help that would be amazing! Here is a picture of the tank. I am located in Marriot-Slaterville in North Ogden. Please let me know if you would be willing to donate anything to our cause!

Thanks,
Chris Saunders
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 11:24am
I have glass and could make you a small refugium and donate some chetto to go in it. just let me know what you have in mind.
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
pigwrestler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pigwrestler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 1:36pm
That would be amazing I would love that the students are really excited!!! I would like to put the refugium in the sump area which the length is 22 inches width is 5 inches and height is 23 inches or we could do a small one in the display tank what ever you have seen work. Here is a picture of part of the sump. If you have any questions just let me know!

Thanks,
Chris Saunders

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic