Topic ClosedLighting - telling it how I see it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lighting - telling it how I see it
    Posted: November 20 2017 at 10:28am
It's true, I don't suffer fools gladly and sometimes my attempts at helping are seen as just the opposite. Another problem is that I can't keep my d**n mouth shut. I must be middle eastern where they love to argue. I know I should shut up, but I get some kind of sick pleasure from it. Wacko

I'm sorry that this fixture (in another thread) is not selling, but it's difficulty is the basis of economics. You see, in recent years people have just given me their fluorescent fixtures because they figure I'll come across somebody that could get some use out of them. 

The hobby is constantly changing. I have stuff sitting in storage that will eventually have to be tossed in the trash, unless I can repurpose it like lighting house plants with an old black box LED. At one time these things had more value. 

Today we have the best lighting ever in the history of this hobby. It's downright ridiculously inexpensive and lasts forever (in hobbyist terms). Ten years is what I expect from any of the new high value LED's. Boxfish here in our area is providing the AI fixtures at bargain pricing. A PrimeHD would do what this ATI would do, plus more.  I look at the cost of this ATI fixture with bulbs as about $1,250.00 over ten years. An AI Prime, even at full retail is about $200.00 for ten years of illumination
Now that's a bargain!

Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Jimbo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 11:28am
You're entitled to your opinion and lord knows you love to express it but you have a tendency to express your opinion as fact.   The LED vs T5 debate has been going on for years . I'm not here to debate it with you but the FACT is some people ,including myself , still prefer T5 lighting especially for SPS Coral. Some that make their living growing and selling SPS frags prefer T5 lighting ( ATI being one of the best on the market for years)   My price is more than fair and I believe most people would agree on that regardless of their lighting preference.

I don't appreciate you getting involved in my sale thread under the guise of helping me out with some old bulbs so I could sell my fixture.   Your " I'm just trying to help" routine is getting old. Sad part is I believe you legitimately want to help people, you just suck at it sometimes.

I've tried ignoring you and being nice about it 3 different times on posts and also through a PM you sent me. Then you felt the need to make a separate post because apparently I wasnt giving you the attention you wanted. Well now you've got what you wanted.

The sale of this fixture isn't going to make or break me and if people want to buy Chinese black box LED's or buy from the guy on the forum you told me about through PM and then again in this post let them ! I'm sure they'll work great for them!    It doesn't change the fact that somebody may want a nice ATI fixture at a great price.

I still don't understand your motive in making this post but hey, do what you want and in the future leave me out of it.
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 11:32am
Can we just delete this whole thread now?
220 G SPS Display.

Jimbo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 11:38am
Why delete it?
love2skiutah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 11:43am
Why can't we do GIFs on here
Teknik777 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 11:54am
@love2skinutah They should it would make it more entertaining.

@Jimbo because its just a drama thread and nobody cares what Mark's opinion's are on selling used lights or lights in general. There is no purpose behind the thread. These are quality lights and they are now SOLD.

@Mark yes I agree with you. Shut up.
220 G SPS Display.

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 12:06pm
Hey guys. I locked the thread just to keep it from continuing. I know their is lots of feelings on this topic as well as Mark. We just really need to make sure we are keeping it civil on here.

Mark starting this thread really only had one purpose. Not all attention is good attention. Please heed the warnings that you have gotten and stop intentionally trying to bypass the moderation filters.

Let's just file this thread as done.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic