Facebook
Twitter

Utah Reefs Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - January 2018 Meeting - Fish Closet Garage Sale!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

January 2018 Meeting - Fish Closet Garage Sale! - Event Date: January 04 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: January 2018 Meeting - Fish Closet Garage Sale!
    Posted: December 08 2017 at 9:57am
January 2018 Meeting - Fish Closet Garage Sale and Swap Meet:

1/4 at 7pm
Rose Garden
Building
Sugar House Park
1601 East 2100 South
Salt Lake
City, UT

This event is open to everyone! So come join us THURSDAY January 4th at the Rose Garden Building in Sugar House Park as we get together to Clear out our fish closets!

We all collect extra equipment and odds and ends for this hobby, sometimes to excess. . This meeting is your chance to bring wall of those extra bits and pieces that are collecting dust and find them a new home. Wheel and deal, sell and trade, pickup some stuff you need and most likely help someone find what they need to build that new setup or improve what they already have!

Please leave your fish, corals, inverts, and other tank life at home. We are wanting equipment, skimmers, reactors, pumps, heaters, spare parts, supplements, foods, macro algae, etc. So bring them sell them swap them and barter them!

See you all there!

Come out and join us for a great night of fun.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2017 at 10:54am
It's also a great time to post on this thread and facebook with pictures what you have and what you want price wise.  
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2017 at 11:05am
great well i would like to bring a bunch of food and other equipment. i'll post a list on here soon.
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
badfinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badfinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2017 at 7:27am
Why can't people bring corals or fish? It's a great way for people to have different people in front of them.

When I first joined in 2009 they did the same thing but allowed fish and corals. It was great
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2017 at 9:13am
There are a couple of reasons for No fish or Corals. The logistics to support the power needs and available locations is more difficult. We are trying to ensure that this is a simple and enjoyable event without a ton of setup and take down effort.

Next is that this event is intended to be for the members. Having Corals and fish brings in more vendors, stores and LFS's.

We have toyed with the idea of doing a member fragswap which would be a better fit for the fish to be added. We would have to see if members have enough Coral and fish to sell or trade to support that type of event and the work to put it together. W would love to hear from members if this is something they would like to see.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 9:44am

Don't forget that this meeting is coming up just after the start of the new year.

To help get people motivated and excited about this event, we will be doing a raffle.

If you post a picture on this thread of items that you will be bringing to the sale, your name will be entered into a drawing (1 entry per household).  One name will be drawn as the winner at the Jan 4 meeting.  Must be present to win for this one.

jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2017 at 9:53am
Bringing an Aqua Remora C hang on back skimmer (no pump)

Sure I will find more things to bring.

Reef Tour (10/13)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2017 at 10:24am
I got a ton of stuff I'm bringing.

Adam
LRS Foods
rmw2g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmw2g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 11:49am
Awesome!
Less Technology. More Biology.
backwards32 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 8:22pm
OK here is what I am bringing to the meeting

1. Blue line 100 HD external pump. rated at 1990 gallon per hour. lightly used

2. Ice Cap Gyre interface module for XF130/230. can controle gyre with a controller like Apex. (brand new in the box)

3. Jeobo DC pump controller (brand new)

4. Plenty of frozen food trays of mysis, brine, bloodworms, rotifers, and krill

Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 9:54am
Thanks Mitch, I wanted a challenge for the posting prize. Looks like good stuff!

Reef Tour (10/13)
Nate and Jenny View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate and Jenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 1:34pm
Here is some of the stuff I will be bringing. Are any supplies allowed or only equipment?
copper safeleds
fluval 4 foot led
remotero unit
storage tanks
light fixtures
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 3:39pm
Just no livestock

Reef Tour (10/13)
BobC63 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 11:40am

I don't know if I will be bringing anything to sell (gotta check the fish closet)

But I definitely will be looking to BUY Big smile - so bring your stuff and let's make a deal!!!

And just a reminder... since these are  sales by individual Club members... make sure you (we) buyers bring cash. Unless a seller SPECIFICALLY calls out that they can accept other forms of payment (i.e. plastic)... Cash is king!

- My Current Tank: 150g Mixed Reef -

* Marine & Reef tanks since 1977 *
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 8:54am
I'm looking forward to tonight!
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 8:57am
I loaded up a box of stuff. A reactor, a couple of acclimatora and some maxi jets

Reef Tour (10/13)
SeaQuestJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaQuestJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 10:19am
I'm interested in that skimmer, any idea what you're asking for it?
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by SeaQuestJeff SeaQuestJeff wrote:

I'm interested in that skimmer, any idea what you're asking for it?

Sent you a PM

Reef Tour (10/13)
theresawhite View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 1:29pm
So far only 3 people in the raffle. Now is a good time to post pictures of what you're bringing tonight to sell.

I will be closing the auction at 5:00pm.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 1:54pm
I heard a rumor that annual club memberships will be on sale at this meeting too! If you haven't purchased yours for 2018 now is the perfect time to do it!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic