Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to get custom tank made?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
james888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to get custom tank made?
    Posted: December 10 2017 at 7:44pm
Hello, I'm hoping for a good recommendation on where to get a custom tank built.  I know there are a few places that do this but maybe some are better than others.  The tank will be 20 feet long, 3.5 feet wide, and 3 feet deep.  If you are a person or business that makes tanks, please give me a ball park estimate of what this might cost.  I'm open to either acrylic or glass.  

Thanks in advance for your help!  
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2017 at 7:17am
Any of the stores can have one built for you. OCD reefs, Aquatic Dreams are two of my favorite. And Eric at Aquarium Creations builds them here in the valley.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Theodore Stuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Theodore Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by james888 james888 wrote:

Hello, I'm hoping for a good recommendation on where to get a custom tank built.  I know there are a few places that do this but maybe some are better than others.  The tank will be 20 feet long, 3.5 feet wide, and 3 feet deep.  If you are a person or business that makes tanks, please give me a ball park estimate of what this might cost.  I'm open to either acrylic or glass.  

Thanks in advance for your help!  

Hello mate,

I got myself a custom aquarium (tho it was way smaller than what you have in mind) from a company Living Colors, there are many good companies tho, so you should call them up and ask for quotes, you would be surprised by how much the prices can differ. Cheers
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2017 at 10:30am
Please, please, please do a build thread on this when you start on it a 1500 gallon tank would be awsome to see
AquariumGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AquariumGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2018 at 2:35pm
i would suggest either OCD or Aquatic Dreams  they have experience with getting large tanks like this ordered and installed.  Delivery of a 20 foot tank is no joke, so i would highly suggest one of the pros i mentioned above. 

�A black belt only covers two inches of your ass. You have to cover the rest.� - Royce Gracie
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2018 at 8:00am
Do be careful when you look at online stores. I have build stands for many different manufactures. If a tank is way cheaper than others then run far far away. There are some very cheap scary tanks built out there. I went local to have my 400g built. You cant go wrong with local service and warranty.
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
kevin.st View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2018 at 8:26am
When going for a massive, costly tank, I think having local support would be priceless.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic