Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:27am
Sorry about not posting and not going to meetings. My arm is getting better every day. 1 more operation too go. I have all corals moved over from my 90 gal tank and fish. I have found out I know nothing about refuges... Info you get from the internet is somewhat useless to much contradictions. So maybe you all can help me?? 

: I received Chaeto (Chaetomorpha linum) Looked green a healthy. I have a RedSea 750 XXL 200 gal system. I am usining the Kesil 380 and its on the Chaeto when the lights are off about 14 hrs. Does the Cheto need to Tumble? It does not in this system. Should I be leaving the lights (380) on for the whole time my main lights are off? Im new to the refuge thing I have always used reactors.. Thx for any help..
William Rogers

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:30am
Ill post a list ASAP. I am going to try and put a boot load of Wrasse in this tank. 
William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 7:49am
I put the 2 outside lights where there was not much bleed off to the out side of the tank. Then moved the other 2 almost equal distance from them. I am checking out Par as we go. I put the lights on a 30 day acclimation and keeping an eye out for burning. I have had to move several corals down so far. I am using Red Sea recommended settings. We will see how this works out.  Would love to know what others are using for there light set-ups.
William Rogers
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 8:41am
Cheto does fine not tumbling.  As far as 'fuge lighting, I've always turned the 'fuge lights on when the tank lights are off.  Tends to help with pH.
210 gallon Mixed Reef
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 9:04am
My chaeto doesn't tumble and is fine. I stretch it out every week usually when I harvest. I run 24/7 lighting but have read it's better with 8 hrs of dark so I manually turn off when main tank lighting is on during the work week. Have not noticed any changes in growth either way.

I have been dialing down my main tanks ai hydra hd settings. I've found most recommended settings are way too high for lps but it depends on what you are keeping.
60g LPS Cube
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2018 at 9:04am
Thank you.. One more thing. Should I stop using nopox? 
William Rogers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic