Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will And Cindy's 750XXL 200 Gallon Build
    Posted: December 17 2017 at 11:40am
Just wanted to share our new tank with all of you. Here we go!!

Picked up our new tank at OCD. They matched the best price i could find on the internet. Great bunch to work with and we support our local shops anytime we can..

Its a big heavy crate OCDs neighbors had a fork lift to help load it on our trailer.

OCDs employee always has a smile on her face.

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 12:38pm
Drive home was with out incident, now to open this beast and get it in the house.

The wife in the background supervising the work. 

The wife and her new skimmer..

Time to put the cabinet together. Glade it was a nice day outside, needs lots of room..

Now to get the stand and tank inside. Tank weight over 350 pounds so I enlisted 3 Marines and a neighbor..

Level this bad boy up.

Insert sump

This is where we stopped. I am hoping for a fresh water test this week end 12-17-17

We will be using all dry rock and some from our 90 Gallon tank that we will be tearing down.
We have about 300 pounds of this I hope to make something special with it. Some of the cleanest rock I have seen. From Marine Depot.

More to come. Thank you for looking !!
William Rogers
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 8:04pm
Looking good
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2017 at 11:56pm
Freshwater test done. Starting on Rock. Having a hard time with it. This is what I have so far. Not done yet!! hope to have saltwater in it this weekend Smile

William Rogers
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2018 at 10:23am
looks good Will. It was great to meet you yesterday. I am excited to see this tank up and running. soon
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2018 at 10:45am
Nice tank Will!

What will be lighting this tank up?

What did you do for plumbing and how do you have the sump setup?
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 10:28am
Well Day 4 with salt water in it. Here is the pluming, return pump, lighting, ect. 

I went with the M1 for return. I am a hard pipe guy don't like any flex tubing but with only one hand right now, well I did flex for the return Confused I will do the UV the same for now, but will put that on when I start putting fish in it. I will hard pipe it all when I get the use of my hand back.

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 10:42am
Lighting I have 4 AI Hydra Twentysix HD on the tank. They are on set to where they will be permanently. I will move them around here in a few days and hide cords ect. I just might put a fifth one on it not sure yet. Any thoughts?

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:05am
So one problem I ran into was Red Sea return blew sand everywhere. Problem solved Smile

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:15am
Sump set up.Back section is Skimmer and reactors,Tons of room. Front section will be a refuge. It is smaller then I would like so I bought a light to help that out. We will see if it works out.. Any thoughts? Yes there reservoir has to go!! Great idea but takes up to much room.

William Rogers
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:20am
Those H380 lights grow stuff like crazy!
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:26am
We are using Red Sea to kick this tank off. In 14 days it tells me we will be adding our first fish. We will see.. So fa our parameters are right in line to what they say they should be. Any thoughts?

William Rogers
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 11:31am
OK more to come. This is the tank as of now..Thx for looking Smile

William Rogers
sabeypets View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sabeypets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2018 at 3:48pm
Looks Great!
Shaun
American Fork
"Would you leave a dead cat in your kitchen till tommorow?" Builderofdreams
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 1:27am
Wow Will and Cindy! It's looking awesome. Can't wait to see it in person some day.
Wrogers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 2:27am
Any time Smile My home is always open to fellow reefers..
William Rogers
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2018 at 9:45pm
Looks good! 
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 3:59pm
Looks good. What’s your stocking plan?
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 9:17pm
How is the light spread with the four AI Hydra Twentysix's?
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2018 at 7:38am
Looks awesome. Following along!
60g LPS Cube
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic