Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long Tentacle Plate Quesetion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Tentacle Plate Quesetion
    Posted: December 19 2017 at 4:39pm
Hello. I have a long tentacle plate the is trying to climb over a rock and I think it is trying to get at a scallop I have on the other side of the rock. I've moved the plate tons of times back into the sand, but he moves back to the side and starts going up the rock again and again.

The reason I think the plate is moving to get a scallop, as I've never heard of this happening, is the scallop has actually unattached from the rock the plate is trying to climb over, and the scallop has inched his way away from the rock the plate is free-climbing. This may be the world's slowest chase as its been going on for weeks. 

Anyone else have experience like this with a long tentacled plate?
60g LPS Cube
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2017 at 5:44pm
Sounds cool!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Marcoss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2017 at 7:39pm
They don’t have feet, however, they inflate to drift in the water to a better position.
RedSea Max S400 - 90G Rimless Frag Tanks x2 - 185 Lookdown Bin
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2017 at 8:18am
Yeah its not moving in a traditional sense. Every day/night it keeps getting super gigantic and then when it deflates its just a little bit higher up the rock. At first I thought it was random, but I guess they can move this way in the way they want. Glad I have legs
60g LPS Cube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic