Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2018 LFS Tour - Event Date: February 09 2018 - February 10 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 2018 LFS Tour
    Posted: January 22 2018 at 10:00am
The local fish tour is back and is building on the great results from last year!! There will be lots of details coming out, but save the dates on your calendar now. There are going to be awesome prizes from the club and great deals from the stores.

Dates: February 9-10, 2018

Hello Everyone! Thank you for being patient with the details of this awesome event coming up. We have talked to the stores and they are looking forward to the LFS Tour. We will be doing the tour this year like we did last year using the punch passes.

Punch passes will have all of the stores participating in this year's tour on it. There will be a stores name in each square on card-stock. Anyone can purchase a pass for $5. You will then take that around to each store and receive a stamp on that store's square. Stores will also be handing a free item or giving specials discounts to those who have a card.   ONLY 1 CARD PER PERSON. If you have two cards you are going to need a friend to hold one for you. Everyone that has a pass has to be present to have their pass stamped. The back of the pass will have information for the cardholder to fill out to be entered into a drawing. Once you have received a stamp from all of the stores, or as many as you are able to, please put it in the box at the closest store. If you need assistance, please ask the stores and they would be happy to help.

Passes will be available to purchase online starting Wednesday, January 24th, at the February 1st meeting and at all participating stores. Passes purchased online will be available for pickup at the February 1st Meeting.

Buy your puch pass online here:
http://utahreefs.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=38

PRIZES:
For those who are able to visit all of the stores on the pass, you will be entered into the Grand Prize which will will be posted as the date approaches. In the past the prize has included tanks and stands graciously donated by Driftwood and we are working to continue that tradition. We sincerely thank them for their support of the club and for the time and craftsmanship in all of the stands they have donated to WMAS throughout the years.

Those who are unable to visit all of the stores, or did not win in the grand prize drawing, will be entered into a Secondary Prize. Other prizes may be announced between now and the event. Please keep checking back for updates.      

The stores have been finalized! Here is the list of the stores participating in this year's LFS Tour:
Where's Nemo
Aquatic Evolution
Fish4U
Rusty's Reef
Reef On
Mark's Ark
Pets and Such
D and F's Salty Heaven
The Fish Tank
OCD Reefs
Aquatic Dreams

Passes
are $5 and will be available the night of the February 1st meeting and are also 
available for purchase online. Pickup for passes purchased online will 
be available at the meeting on February 1st. Pictures of the 
passes coming soon along with more reveals on prizes.

Below are Q and A but if you have additional questions please ask. Chances are someone has the same questions.

Q. Where can I get a pass?

A. Passes will be available for sale online starting Wednesday January 24th and at the February 1st meeting. If you are unable to buy the pass before the event, they will be available for purchase at the stores.

Q. Can I bring my family with me even though I bought one pass?

A. Yes please bring them! They will be able to participate in the store sales and games, but there will only be one stamp and one free item given for the punch pass portion of this event.

Q. Can there be more than one pass per family?

A. Of course. The passes are $5.00 per person. Each person wanting to participate in the drawings must have their own pass with them when getting a stamp. ONLY 1 PASS PER PERSON

Q. What happens when I fill out my whole punch pass or when I have completed all that I can?

A. You will give it to the last store you went to and they will be gathered up and put into a drawing for a series of grand prize drawings. 

Q. What if I don't win in the grand prize drawings?

A. All of the passes that do not win in the grand prize drawings will be added to the secondary series of prizes and will have a chance of winning in that drawing. If you won a grand prize, your card will not be placed into the secondary series drawing. 

Q. What if I don't make it to all of the stores?

A. We still want to support as many stores as possible in this event. Passes that have less than all of the stamps, AND those who did not win in the grand prize drawings will be entered into a secondary series of drawings.

Q. If I don't have a pass, can I be entered into the drawing for this event?

A. Only passes will be entered into the drawings and MUST have the contact information filled out on the back so we can contact you.

Download the Rules and MAP below!
PARTICIPANT INSTRUCTIONS AND MAP

Official Map - for 2018 tour

Edited by Krazie4Acans - February 09 2018 at 8:31am
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2018 at 7:51pm
Who likes to win prizes? We now have the Grand Prize for our LFS tour all sorted out. Go to all the stores on the punch card during the LFS tour and drop your card in one of the collection boxes. Your card will be entered into the drawing for the Grand Prize drawing! We will post a few pics of this prize in the next few days and weeks so keep watching!

Can't make it to all of the stores on the tour? Worry not. There are many prizes to be won for participating in the tour. There will even be a prize for those that post pictures to the forum or Facebook during the two days of the tour! It's really a no lose kind of thing.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2018 at 10:38pm
Way too much quiet in here! Didn't you hear? There is an LFS your coming up!

What's that? You need a reason to get excited? How's this?

Driftwood Aquarium Furniture has provided or Grand Prize for the drawing that includes those of you that make it to every store on the punch card, get it stamped/punched and turn it in!

What a great prize! Thank you Driftwood!

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Trenton84111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trenton84111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2018 at 7:58am
Coming home with me 😉
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2018 at 8:41am
We are fast approaching the tour! Friday will be here before you know it! Do you have your punck card? Do you have the map? Do you know the rules?

Do you need more information? Post here and ask your questions we will get them answered.

Don't miss out on this great event. Amazing prizes and a great time to get out visit the stores and support all that they do for the club and it's menbers.

Drawing prizes include:
Grand prize tank and stand by Driftwood Aquarium Furniture
Skimmer, gift cards, dry goods, T-shirts and more! All those prizes will be drawn and handed out at our April club meeting.

Also don't forget that the Annual Winter Banquet is March 1st at The Living Planet Aquarium. Get your tickets now as prices will go up on the 12th of Feb.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:32am
The top post has been updated with the actual 2018 LFS tour map. If you didn't get a copy of it when you picked up your punch card you can save it from the top post to help you plan. Get out there, travel safe and enjoy!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:39am
I am at work today, so I want to live vicariously through you!  Post pics, post what you picked up!
Justin Credabel - Coral Grafting(4/5)

Spring Fragstock (5/3)
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:52am
I'm right there with you Jon. Hey let's make it interesting.

Help make today more interesting for those stuck at work today and tomorrow. Post pictures (including you in them) while out touring either here or on the Facebook group and you will be entered into a drawing that only includes picture posting tour goers!

Get out there, Be Safe, Have fun, and post away!
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:45am
What if I will not be able to attend the banquet?

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by kngt13 kngt13 wrote:

What if I will not be able to attend the banquet?

I'm not sure what you are asking. Banquet is seperate from the LFS tour.

Are you asking what if you can't be at the meeting in April when the prizes are drawn? Or did you buy tiskets to the Banquet and now cannot attend?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 11:59am
I was asking about the drawing.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 12:01pm
You don't have to be present to win at the April meeting (as long as you remembered to put your name and number on the back of the punch card). I fyou win and are not there to claim it you are responsible to make arrangements to pickup your prize in a timely manner.

Does that answer your question?
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 12:02pm
Yes, that answers my question. Thank you
10isbum View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10isbum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:07pm
Pets and such is the only store that is requiring people to buy something in order for the card to be punched. I suggest that they be removed from the fish store tour. That was never part of the tour.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:30pm
While we can't prevent the stores from requiring a purchase. We have asked them not to. This tour is designed to get hobbyists out to the stores and hopefully get a few dollars in the pockets of the stores that support us in this hobby.

Most stores did donate items to the drawings that are part of this tour so as a club member and hobbyist we encourage you to spend some money if the stores have items you need or want. Buying items is a win - win for everyone but again it is not required.

We are talking to them to see if we can resolve this. Thanks for the info and hope you have a great time. Post some pictures!

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
OceanBlueSky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanBlueSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 3:39pm
I bought a betta! Maybe have them catch you a cricket.
Arthur
220 Reef, 55 Aggressive, 7 nano
redleader View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redleader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 7:54pm
Visited aquatica in Orem. Always a great place. Picked up reef booster and float to auto fill my tank.

Also picked up a coral or two :)
Everyting in life is possible. You just have to dream big, and act bigger.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:27pm
For every problem there is a solution! Here is what we have come up with to solve the little issue our member ran into tonight. The Pets and Such spot on your punch card is a free spot! You heard that right. Everyone gets that spot even if they didn't get to the store. So take your big black sharpie marker and write the word FREE in that spot on your card! Don't worry if you already turned your card in, We know it's a free spot. ;) For those that went to the store and were kind enough to buy some thing and get the punch, We have a surprise for you as well but you'll have to come to the meeting in April to find out what it is. Thank you to everyone that got out there and showed our stores some love already! Get Salty! See you tomorrow.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
kngt13 View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kngt13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 8:50pm
Pics on Utah Reef Keepers
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 10:08pm
Copy them here or onto the WMAS Facebook group to count for the raffle. We aren't admins on the Utah Reef Keepers page and can't track the posts for the raffle.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic