Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

July 14th 2018 Saturday Excursion - Event Date: July 14 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: July 14th 2018 Saturday Excursion
    Posted: January 24 2018 at 3:33pm
July 14th is the date and Thistle is the location! The goal is to send everyone home with an Urchin Shell Tillandsia Jelly Fish decoration for display!

This Saturday excursion event is a two part event. The first part of the event is a road trip to Thistle Utah for a few hours of Rock hounding looking for Birdseye Ryolite to be used as the base for the second portion of the event.

After the Rock Hounding outing in the morning the group will then travel back to Salt Lake and meet at a meeting house to then assemble the Tillandsia Jelly Fish on the rock base from the mornings outing. There may be a small cost for your Jelly Fish to help cover materials.

If you are unable to make the mornings outing, and would like to be included in the second portion of the event, please send a PM to "hydro phoenix" here on the forum and arrangements can be made to have a base brought back for you to use in the assembly.

This excusion is meant for the entire family so plan to bring everyone! It will be quite warm outside so please bring lots of water and sunscreen. Tools will be needed to hound out your rock so please bring hammers, chisels, picks, shovels and most importantly EYE PROTECTION with you.

Most importantly come hang out, have fun, and just spend the day with fish people.

Edited by Krazie4Acans - June 12 2018 at 5:26pm
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 8:48am
Oh and here is a picture from the internet showing what these look like completed! This is not my photo so credit goes to the person that owns it and thank you for taking it.

The base of the stand will be the rock from the hounding trip.

My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2018 at 8:57pm
Less then two days!  Who is going with us?  Plenty of spots
Larry DuPont LRS Reef Frenzy (10/4)

Reef Tour (10/13)
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:33am

Edited by hydro phoenix - July 13 2018 at 9:34am
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 9:34am
Sorry about the sideways photos but it's really important that you read the little bits of info.
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2018 at 6:30am
For those of you coming see if you can bring your toolboxes. My husband has started repairing refrigerators and that has decimated the amount of tools I can bring. Specifically wire cutters (to cut the wire that will hold it all together), hammers(to break rocks) and wrenches (to bend the wire to shape).
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 2:07pm
I'm jealous of those who attended.

Adam
Coral Farming: New Adventures
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

I'm jealous of those who attended.

Adam

I think there was some extra stuff. Maybe if you talk nice to Faith she can make some of it available to you?

You might also want to come to the next few meetings as I think there might be some completed ones in the drawings.
My ocean.
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2018 at 11:43am
Awesome!
Coral Farming: New Adventures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic