Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedOctober 2018 REEF TOUR 2018!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October 2018 REEF TOUR 2018!
    Posted: January 24 2018 at 3:48pm
Hey everybody! Reef Tour is just around the corner. Feel like your tank is the bomb? Sign up! Feel like your tank is decent with a few novelties? Sign up! Know someone who you think should be on tour? Talk to them and have them sign up! We want lots of sign ups, know why? Because we learn from each other. This hobby is about fun, friends and knowledge. You've got some time to put those final touches on your tank as Reef Tour is in October. 

P.S. There will be a drawing for a prize for tour hosts! I wonder what the prize is? Wink 

We will have a tour host raffle but we will also do an overall Reef Tour prize drawing for the following:

• Refer a tour host to us (they do not have to be in the club) and if they sign up and participate you will get 5 raffle tickets. When they sign up they need to list your name as the person who referred them.
  • Participate on Reef Tour - posting your tour goings on Forum/Social media will get you a raffle ticket. 

More details to come in the coming months.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2018 at 8:10am
This is our first call for Reef Tour Hosts. If you would like to open your home and your tank to visitors to come and see, please post here or PM one of the Presidency memebers to let them know. Please include your "real" name, address a simple set of directions on how to reach your house from I-15, and a short description of your tanks(s) that tour goers will see when visiting.

We can't wait to see all of the systems (old and new) that will be one the tour this year!

Tentatively the date for the tour is Saturday October 13th. We should have the date finalized this week so there is a very slight chance it could change.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 8:49am
Save the date - 10/13!!!
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 8:59am
I will host
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
BenchsTanks View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenchsTanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 11:00am
I will host if you want. Although it's Halloween time again so you might get scared and not come in. LOL
400 Gal Island Mix Reef
20 Gal Wall Tank Mix Reef
14 Gal Bio Cube Mix Reef
PADI Dive Master
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 10:06pm
It's going to be great!!!

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 8:16am
Jared Page in Alpine will be hosting is amazing Dart Frog set up.  

Yes, that is right, I am including Dart Frogs and other cool reptiles on this tour!  

180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
Echidna09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Echidna09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2018 at 11:15am
I'll host again 😜
hydro phoenix View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hydro phoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2018 at 8:36pm
I'll let you know but I think I can host this year.
recent absurdity..Unicorns have rabies
kevski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2018 at 2:27pm
Bryan Bench just hit me up.  I'll host! Looks like we need more from the north end though. 
100 G Mixed Reef / AI Hydra 52 HD-T5 Hybrid
Lope Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lope Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 12:39pm
I would like to host

Info:

Steve Lopez
(Lope Dawg)
5729 W Emmeline Dr
Herriman, UT 84096

72 gallon. Deep sand bed. No skimmer, no refugium, cannister filter with
carbon and phosphate remover. Lighting: kessil leds. Inhabitants:
soft corals, lps, anemones.

Directions: Directions: From Bangerter and 13400
s. Go west to Rosecrest then south to Mirabella then
turn right. Go to Roselene then turn left. Roselene ends
on Emmeline. House is Across the street and to the right.
(5729 w. Emmeline dr.)

20181001_121634.jpg
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 2:13pm
Yay Steve. Glad to have you in the tour.
sleepingdeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleepingdeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 3:42pm
Do we have to be a paid member to host? i've been thinking about it.
theresawhite View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theresawhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 4:18pm
You do not have to be a paid member. We’d love to have you :-)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 7:52pm
Do it, it's tons of fun.
Adam
Lope Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lope Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2018 at 8:43pm
Thanks Theresa. I love the Reef Tour!
Then as it was, then again it will be
An' though the course may change sometimes
Rivers always reach the sea
Brett Richins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2018 at 1:37pm
I would be willing to host if you think that anyone would be willing to drive 10 miles up Provo Canyon, about two miles past the Sundance turn off.

40 gallon breeder, nice little mature mixed reef with mostly SPS and LPS that has been running for 2.5 years. Running the Ecosystem miracle mud system in the refugium. I've also done some DIY projects on this tank, including the mount for the Kessil lights (hated the goosenecks) and the sump. I found the stand on KSL.com for next to nothing and used a piece of remnant granite for the top. I've tried to show that you can have a nice reef without breaking the bank.

Let me know...

Brett
jazer View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2018 at 4:04pm
lets talk. I will need your info by this weekend. 
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 5:36pm
Has the tour hosts list been posted yet ?

Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Akira Akira wrote:

Has the tour hosts list been posted yet ?

Akira- go here, first post...

http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=84741&title=reef-tour-book

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic