FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Calling out Shark Lovers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Calling out Shark Lovers
    Posted: October 01 2005 at 3:41pm

I just got a new shark this week and just love it. It is a true Marbled catshark. I wantted to see how many people here have sharks, pics would be great.

Edited by 65stang
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:31pm
Very cool! Is it eating for you yet?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 6:48pm
ya he is. The first night I brought him home he started to eat. But I need to see how offten he wants to eat. The last two days he has not and has not moved to much. I think it is from the move.
adzmcss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzmcss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 7:00pm
how big is your tank?when our tank is done were gonna get a nurse shark.anybody else have one
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2005 at 8:55pm
210gal
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 12:26pm
Looks awesome! I love sharks. One day I want to do a shark tank. Please keep us posted on how well it does for you.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 5:45pm
ok I will. I whent and got some FW cabs today and he eats them up. I think I am going to have to keep on that till he starts feeding frozen food. It is cool how he eats the crabs I will have to take a pic of it.
solo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 6:39pm

hey it would be cool to see your hole tank

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2005 at 7:05pm
 just right now it is the shark till I move over the rays and tangs over.
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 12:53am
I would consider force feeding if you decide to make the switch to frozen and he doesn't want to eat it. Tell me how it goes if you have to. I let a shark die because it wouldn't eat and I thought that it would pull out of it. I haven't tried force feeding but hey its all an experiment.
5 gal fluval spec v http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65727&KW=&PID=531710&title=my-new-little-one#531710 12 gallon jbj nanocube reef Stansbury Park (Tooele Area)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 5:57pm
He is now feeding on frozen food. The live FW carbs helped. I would have to brake there claws open then the shark went nuts. I have trying to get a pic of him feeding but it is hard when he only comes out at night to feed or swim around.  But I will post a pic when I get a good one.  you have sharks?
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2005 at 9:55pm
I had a coral banded shark for a very short while. It seemed very interested in the food that I was feeding it but it just wouldn't chomp it down. That is my only experience. Once read this new book I've got for the third time, I might try it again. I'm planning on putting a shark wadding pool in my basement this year.
5 gal fluval spec v http://www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65727&KW=&PID=531710&title=my-new-little-one#531710 12 gallon jbj nanocube reef Stansbury Park (Tooele Area)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 12:29am
cool. you will have to keep me posted on how it gose for you. have you tryed reading Aquarium Shark & Rays by Scott W. Michael? I love that book, it's got a lot of info on sharks in there. There was not to much info on my shark any were that I have found yet. The only thing I have found out so fare is. It is an eazy shark to take care of and hard to come by and that is it. But I would look at that book. Just my thoughts.
Firefish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2005 at 1:14am
Yeah thats the one that I am reading for the second time through. Awesome book.    Thanks Jake

Edited by Firefish
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic