Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Triggers fighting?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cowan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Triggers fighting?
    Posted: June 11 2018 at 11:43am
I have a Niger Trigger and a male BlueJaw that have been tank mates for several months. Recently the Niger is acting more aggressive towards the blue jaw, nipping, chasing, etc. They get fed well so I don't understand what's going on. Anyone have any ideas about how to calm them down?
RSM 250
Reefer5640 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefer5640 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 12:41pm
Sorry to hear that. That sucks... How big is your tank? As they start to get bigger they’re territories will get bigger too. I know multiple types of triggers in the same tank can be tricky for this exact reason. You can try adding more rock to provide more hidding for the less dominate. Also switch up the aqua scape to throw off their established territories... you’re already keeping them well fed so that helps. Sorry I know this is stuff you probably already know but hopefully it helps.
30 g softie, 30 g frag tank, 65 g HT/QT, 75 g mixed reef, 55 g FOWLR, 75 g live rock curing tank, & a 120 gal �consolidation� build in progress
Cowan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 2:35pm
Thank you for the help, I have a 100g display. They are close to the same size...about 4". I will look into adding some more hiding spots and switching things up inside
RSM 250
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic