Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kaiden's Evo 13.5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kaiden32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaiden32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kaiden's Evo 13.5
    Posted: July 28 2018 at 11:43am
Hey guys,
I used to be on the forum about 5 or 6 years ago, but I got out of the hobby for a while. I recently started up a new tank though, and wanted to share it with everyone! My two previous tanks were both nanos as well (12 gallon Nano Cube and a 20 long with a sump). I actually accidentally put my elbow through the front of my 20 gallon and had to give away pretty much all the stuff and didn't have the money or motivation to start another tank for a long time. Anyways, I've always loved nano reefs for some reason and had great luck with my other two back then. I started doing some research a while ago and came across the Fluval Evo 13.5 all in one tank and saw a lot of cool things people had done with them, so I picked one up and started a new tank. Once it was cycled, I added a clean up crew and started adding coral frags and fish. I unfortunately lost a pair of clowns to what looked like either ich or brooklynella, so there are currently no fish in the tank. I have continued to add corals though and I am very happy with the way things are looking. I also had an issue with some zoa eating nudis, which I was able to kill with Flatworm Exit, and I am currently using the Fluconazole treatment for bryopsis since I saw some and wanted to kill it before it turned into a major issue. I think I am in the clear now, and hopefully I'll have a little bit better luck in the future! 

For the technical side of things, I've replaced the stock filter media with filter floss, carbon, and a small fuge type thing in the back. I'm running the stock return pump, but added a Koralia nano to the display. I also replaced the stock lighting with the AI Prime HD, which I am very happy with. All the corals have responded well and are showing great color under the new lights. It also looks pretty sleek with the rimless look!

Here are some pictures, let me know what you think. Sorry they are just iPhone pictures and it doesn't like the blues very much.

kini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2019 at 1:25pm
Nice looking tank. How is the fuge working out? Are you running chaeto with a light? I have a CAD lights 18g AIO and haven't had any luck with my Tunze skimmer. I have been contemplated pulling it out and try to get some pods going along with some chaeto. It is not a huge area but it has to be more beneficial than my skimmer that is doing absolutely nothing besides displacing water...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic