Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New from Cali

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TrojanReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New from Cali
    Posted: September 04 2018 at 11:25pm
Good evening! My name is Matt. My family and I moved here from California at the beginning of the year. I had a 150g and 29g buocube out there but sold everything because we were moving here. We recently bought a home in north Ogden and I’m getting ready to setup a new tank.
Here are a couple links to my other tank threads with my old local reeef club.

150g
http://www.cvreefers.org/showthread.php?23234-150G-SPS-Tank

29g biocube
http://www.cvreefers.org/showthread.php?26013-Matts-29g-biocube&highlight=
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2018 at 11:29pm
Welcome.  What part of California, I assume SoCal [TrojanReef]?  I was in NorCal for 2 years before moving back to the land of Zion.
210 gallon Mixed Reef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 1:37am
Bakersfield. In the Central Valley. An hour and a half or so north of LA
Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 1:01pm
Welcome! Glad to see you here. Make sure and let us know if we can help you find any information or answer any questions.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2018 at 1:36pm
Just ran through both of your threads. You said in the 29g thread that you were going to set up your dream tank when you bought a house. Is that the tank you're going to do now?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2018 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

Just ran through both of your threads. You said in the 29g thread that you were going to set up your dream tank when you bought a house. Is that the tank you're going to do now?

I have a basement below my basement that I’m going to be turning into my man cave and setting up my “dream” tank. I’m probably a year or so away from making that happen. In the meantime I’ll be setting up a tank to enjoy. I’ve been out of the hobby for almost a year now and can’t wait to get back in.
Hogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by TrojanReef TrojanReef wrote:

Originally posted by Hogie Hogie wrote:

I have a basement below my basement that Im going to be turning into my man cave and setting up my dream tank. Im probably a year or so away from making that happen. In the meantime Ill be setting up a tank to enjoy. Ive been out of the hobby for almost a year now and cant wait to get back in.

A basement below a basement? Wow! Is that a mine shaft or a bomb shelter?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2018 at 9:10pm
I guess what we have is a multi level house. Most is on the main floor when you walk in. You go up 6-10 stairs to two bedrooms and a bathroom. You go down 6-10 stairs off the main floor to get to two more bedrooms and another bathroom. Our master is downstairs. From our bedroom downstairs you open a door and go down another 10 stairs to get to a large basement. So that’s where my tank(s) will be going.
Coral dude1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coral dude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2018 at 9:37am
Matt I came from Cali too I think we meet before I’m frank, so welllcome And lmk if you need info too about the shops or anything I ready set up my tank in Jan this year and doing great so g luck with your tank 👍👍

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2018 at 2:57pm
Hey Frank! Where in Cali did you move from?
Coral dude1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coral dude1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 8:47am
I came from bellflower I get the Bazooka joe with you I think
jdinchak View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdinchak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2018 at 5:41pm
Hope to see you at an event soon.  We have a lot coming up (Larry from LRS on 10/5, Reef Tour on 10/13 and Frag Stock in Nov).
180G Mixed Reef Tank

170G Dart Frog Tank
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic