Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tank Placement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tank Placement
    Posted: October 08 2018 at 5:07pm
So i have selected a place to put my 210 g tank. Heres my question .....it can sit on my pergo floor or should i remove the floor to allow it sit on the concrete or maybe even tile under ? Any opinions would be appreciated.

TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2018 at 11:22pm
I'm not too sure why that would not work. I actually tiled under mine, but that was because there was carpet underneath.  Just my .02 
210 gallon Mixed Reef
nsfw dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nsfw dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 4:47pm
i would actually contact pergo or someone in that field. i just installed laminate and it specifically called out to not install any cabinets on it... that being said if thats the case, i would cut out the footprint and tile or epoxy the cement.
480 in wall in progress
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 5:00pm
Perform is basically a floating floor. I would not put a tank on it because the floor needs to expand and contract.
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 5:01pm
Pergo is basically a floating floor. I would not put a tank on it because the floor needs to expand and contract.
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2018 at 5:39pm
Thank you for the info , i will cut out the foot print and use self leveling concrete if its not already level .
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 4:39am
Cut it a 1/4 inch bigger than you need. The floor needs to expand and contract.
TriggerHappy View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TriggerHappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2018 at 9:25am
Sorry for the bad advice.  Thanks for the insight WildBill and nsfw dave!
210 gallon Mixed Reef
Akira View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2018 at 5:00pm
thanks all for the advice .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic