Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rhomboid Golden Fairy Wrasse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tealgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhomboid Golden Fairy Wrasse
    Posted: January 29 2019 at 4:39pm
Anyone have any experience with this fish? I can't find much information on this particular wrasse, when it comes to how they prefer to be housed. Most pictures I see show a pair, but are they happier as single members in a tank, pairs, etc?

I have a female currently and she eats well, active, doesn't hide (even comes up to pick at my arm when I am cleaning the tank). However, I would love to have a pair, but don't want to cause any issues by adding a second female. 

Thank you
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 5:14pm
I have had many over the last 15 years. Wonderful wrasse and depending on the size of your tank, you could easily add another female and then one if not eventually both will turn male.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
tealgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tealgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2019 at 7:12pm
Thank you! 

Love your tank
kevski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2019 at 1:50pm
I have tried 4 or so over the past 3 years... with not the best success.  I have had several types of other  wrasses as well during this time (flame, pink margin, blue star leopard, pintail, timorensis, radiant, ruby headed, etc).  IMO they are not been as hardy as most of the other wrasses I have.  One jumped out over my very high netting after having it for a couple of months (3" gap in the netting at the top of my canopy), two had swim bladder issues after a week or two of arrival and another just mysteriously started declining in health and stopped eating (not sure why. I dont currently have one and probably will not try again.  

I would def. recommend buying from somewhere with a 2 wk guarantee (Live Aquaria) when plopping down $300 for a male. 

I think its definitely one of the prettiest fairies thats for sure... hmmm maybe I will try again! LOL 

100 G Mixed Reef / AI Hydra 52 HD-T5 Hybrid
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic