Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question on using IPSF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question on using IPSF
    Posted: February 15 2019 at 4:26pm
I have never purchased stuff from indo pacific sea farm (ipsf.com), but I have always looked at their stuff wondering if it is worth it. Since I replaced my sandbed in my tank, it is lacking some bio diversity. Any thoughts on using them or is it better to just add corals and macro algae and wait for the bio diversity to increase over time?
----------------

Richard

Former 47G Column Reef, Magna
20" x 18" x 31"H
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2019 at 7:09pm
I haven't ordered from them in years. I'm not even sure who owns it, and what they sell. I'm going to go look because now I'm curious.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 10:23am
Well, I just placed an order. I'll let you know how it goes.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2019 at 11:17am
If you want some diversity, just get a cup of sand from someone.

Edited by WildBill - February 16 2019 at 11:17am
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2019 at 4:30pm
Good advice Bill. I did place the order and it arrived today. It looks good for the most part. I'll give a more detailed review once I get home and unpack it all.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2019 at 8:49am
So I opened it up and took everything out last night. I was happy with everything, but the mini brittle stars and mamamia worms. It was really hard to tell on the worms if there were all 6. The brittle stars were one of the main reasons I ordered with them. They were very small and I should have had 12, but I struggled to even find 6. The only other thing is that it seemed a bit expensive for what I got. It was just about 160.00 for all this. I definitely could have gone the route that Bill suggested and it would have been much less.

Mix n Match Special-6Bristleworms,chaeto,6StrombusGrazers,6nerite,6littorinid,6microhermits,25reefamphipods,livesandactivator,12hermithomes
SuperSize items-6Mamamiaworms,6ministars,6CometStars
FREE 6 MiniStars with payment today
FREE Ultra Green Polyp Toadstool Leather Coral (59.00 value) with payment today
FREE Fedex and box (29.95 value) with payment today

Note: they did a really good job packing everything to ensure it arrived alive. They included a small amount of macro algae with each item. Also, the live sand include extra snails and hermit crabs.

Edited by WhiteReef - February 21 2019 at 8:51am
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2019 at 11:42am
Lol. You know where I live. Let me know when you want that sand.
WhiteReef View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhiteReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2019 at 11:45am
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know.
----------------

Richard

20" x 18" x 31"H
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic