Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which led??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which led??
    Posted: March 09 2019 at 9:38pm
So I have the aquatic life hybrid light fixture, 61". I currently have 4AI SOL blue units running with ati bulbs.they work, but I'm not seeing the growth that I'm seeing from the same fixture in my other tank that is running radions/ati. I want to get new LEDs. My question is which setup would you guys/gals go with? Here are a couple of my options that would work with the aquatic life fixture:
1. 4 AI 26'S
2. 4 Kessils 360
3. 4 AI primes
4. 2 AI 52'S
5. 2 RADION XR 30
6. 4 XR 15's
I think 4 smaller units will give better coverage over my 150 gallon tank, but wondering what your opinions are. I have a mixed reef with quite a few sps right now. Obviously, 4 full size led units would be optimal but I don't want to spend a million bucks either. Thanks
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 8:33am
I have gone with kessils but my main goal was simplicity. I love them and I only have 3 on my 180. I run them at 100%. 
Scottyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scottyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2019 at 9:45am
You only have 3 on a 180? Wow, what kind of corals do you have? Kessils are definitely on my watch list
knowen87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knowen87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2019 at 8:48am
I have a mixed reef with several SPS. I will add that i do have a 4' two bulb t5 fixture as well. The nice thing about the kessils is that you can add more if you want in the future. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic