Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS: Live food:Pods,Phyto

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS: Live food:Pods,Phyto
    Posted: April 22 2019 at 12:14am

My 'Pod and Phyto cultures are now mature enough to start selling!

• Perfect for picky eaters-
    In the wild, copepods and amphipods are the primary food source for many beautiful and exotic fish such as Mandarin Dragonets (Gobys) and seahorses, as well as being a desirable food source for most other small reef fish as well.

• Excellent for breeders-
    Newly hatched fish fry are often quite difficult to raise successfully, in part because their instincts rarely tell them to eat anything that doesn't move. The larval napuli of pods are small enough for most fry to eat, and they move through the water in short 'jumping' movements that activate a strong feeding response in fish fry!

Pods also reproduce astonishingly quickly in favorable conditions, so there should regularly be additional napuli hatching as long as the adults have food.

*Napuli are microscopic. You can check the large adult pods to see if they are carrying an egg sack. If so, this indicates that napuli are present and incoming!(See image below)

• Nutritious
    My pods are fed a diet consisting primarily of the nutritious Nano & Iso strains of phytoplankton, which have in turn been cultured using the tried-and-true F/2 fertilizer.

• Low worry/Low maintenance
    Unlike inanimate food, live food doesn't cause a nitrogen spike if left uneaten. Instead, the pods will continue to live in your tank until they are eaten, and will even help clean detritus and particles from your tank!
    I will sell the pods in phyto-enriched water so that they will have sufficient food to be eating and breeding right up until they are devoured by your aquatic pets.

• Microscope-backed parasite-free guarantee-
    I have a digital microscope on hand that you are welcome to use to inspect the pods/water before you buy.
    I put substantial effort to keep parasites and contaminants out of my cultures.
    None of my cultures have ever come into contact with fish, and so are not at risk of carrying fish-specific parasites.

Pricing:

$8.00-starter culture (200+ pods)

$16.00-quart bag/jar (500+ pods)

$5 Phyto-only 1 quart.

Also open to trades for coral frags!

Free macroalgae starts:

• Chaetomorpha
  • Caulerpa lentillifera

Complimentary RO/DI water if you need it.

Available supply may vary.
Ask about bulk discounts or to request different live foods!

Feel free to call, text or email David@

(801)709-8319

[email protected]

Locations/Delivery:

I'm located in north Orem, you may meet me at my home or alternatively I'm willing to make deliveries anywhere in Utah county, typically after work around 7-8PM.

I drive up to the Salt Lake area twice a month or so and I can meet you in that area if you let me know beforehand.

Copepod resting on caulerpa lentillifera macroalgae

Phyto Incubator

Phyto Incubator

Edited by Ephyris - September 27 2019 at 2:16pm
Stevieswonder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevieswonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 12:22pm
Sounds Good Where abouts are You ??
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2019 at 2:03pm
I just updated the original post to show pickup/meeting options. Thanks for the feedback!
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 9:27pm
Bump. Cultures still going strong, also I got peppermint shrimp to start breeding :D.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2019 at 9:56pm
This is awesome
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Adam Blundell Adam Blundell wrote:

This is awesome

Thanks!

Bump! Post and prices updated!

Edited by Ephyris - May 17 2019 at 5:53pm
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2019 at 5:21pm
Bump! (I try to bump when it gets halfway down the second page)
backwards32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2019 at 4:28pm
I am interested in all sorts of live pods. need to seed my refugium. I would prefer meeting in salt lake when you are down this way. PM me and let me know
Fish Food Direct
Great Food for half the price
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2019 at 7:28pm
Bump! Thanks to everyone who has bought live foods!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 4:50pm
Hey I wanted to let you know that unfortunately it’s not going to work tomorrow. I will have to find another time cause I really want to buy from you
Fish Food Direct
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2019 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by backwards32 backwards32 wrote:

Hey I wanted to let you know that unfortunately it’s not going to work tomorrow. I will have to find another time cause I really want to buy from you

No problem! Just shoot me a text when you want to reschedule.

Edited by Ephyris - June 21 2019 at 5:17pm
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2019 at 11:14pm
Bump! Thanks for all the support and good advice!
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2019 at 11:31am
Routine post bump. I wish I could get this stickified XD.
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2019 at 6:54pm
Oops, forgot to bump in a while, it almost got to the third page.
TrojanReef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrojanReef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2019 at 10:32pm
man, sucks you're so far away. My mandarin could use some more pods
Ephyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ephyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2019 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by TrojanReef TrojanReef wrote:

man, sucks you're so far away. My mandarin could use some more pods

I could bring some to the Oct 3rd meeting in SLC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backwards32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2019 at 3:42pm
I Pmed you. I would like to get some this weekend
Fish Food Direct
801-721-0671
call or text me anytime
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic