Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm Baaack! My FluvalSEA 13.5g EVO Setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Skyward Imaging View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm Baaack! My FluvalSEA 13.5g EVO Setup
    Posted: May 06 2019 at 8:35pm
Well, I finally grew a pair and stood up to the wife. I stared her right in the eyes, put my foot down, and proceeded to beg her until she said I could set up a small tank LOL. So now that it's all setup and starting to cycle I thought I would share it here and have a thread for it. 

I chose the Fluval SEA 13.5g EVO setup. Basically because it fits perfectly on my desk and is an AIO. For the sand I am using the Bimini Pink Sand and I chose the Real Reef Rock to make the arches. I have a little over 10lbs in there for now. The pic shown is just a crappy cell phone pic but you get the idea. Wink

So, What shall I put in it once it's cycled? I am thinking of doing mostly Rock Anemones and maybe a pair of clowns. I am thinking of using an MP10 and upgrading the light to the Current USA Orbit Marine LED but only for the controllability. The Stock light that comes with it is a 16W High Output 14,000K Fixture and the Current USA is only 18W in comparison. The LED's are pretty close in quality. In order to upgrade to the Current USA I will have to modify the hood though. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2019 at 11:14pm
Seems like a lot of work, for a little bit more light.

Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2019 at 4:37am
The only reason I want to upgrade is to have the programming features. Otherwise this one works well. Still haven’t decided yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyward Imaging Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2019 at 5:17pm
OK so I added some barnacles into the tank along with a few crabs to eat the algae. Also started some Chaeto in chamber 1 and added an LED light. The Chaeto must have had some Copepods and a few baby brittle stars in it because thats the only thing I added from the LFS that could have carried them but I have a few stars making homes in the rock. Probably end up as food if they don't survive. About half the size of a dime each. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic