Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kt's Aquariums

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kmtfishchannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kt's Aquariums
    Posted: June 11 2019 at 4:47pm
I am starting a new tank! It's a Coralife Biocube 32 LED. It has been cycling for 3 Months now I did a total black out cycle for about a month and a half. Then removed the cover and let it sit for another half of a month before turning on the lights. I used a raw shrimp to cycle the tank and watched my Ammonia and Nitrites rise and fall to 0. I will be doing several small water changes to help bring down my Nitrates that are currently at or above 50; before adding my first fish. I'll be using the stock lights. And am using a tunze ATO. Follow me on my Insta @ kt'saquariums

Krazie4Acans View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krazie4Acans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 7:03am
Nice setup. Can I ask your thoughts about such a long cycle and why you chose blackout for part of it?

Also, have you been continuing to ghose feed the tank since the cycle completed or just letting it sit empty?

I'm guessing that the marine pure balls are going into one chamber of your media basket?

Look forward to seeing updates here as I don't get on Instagram much anymore. It's hard enough keeping up with facebook and this forum.
My ocean.
90g (yup, won it!), 40g, 28g, & 10g Systems
PADI Advanced Open Water
Tank Thread:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2019 at 11:55am
I'm following the BRS/WWC Hybrid Method to some extent. So I am hoping a long cycle will have fewer issues with algae build up later; we will see how it goes. Plus I have been slowing building the tank like my ATO system is something I had to save for and buy so I figured why not let the tank cycle and run while I am getting most of what I need for the tank.

I am using the marine pure Gems in the media basket. Yesterday I bought another box of the Gems and put it in the return section of my tank inside a media bag for even more bio space.

I have not been ghost feeding the tank I probably should do that. I am hoping to get my first fish soon. I am taking everything super slow with no rush on this tank. I have done some tanks in the past. One I had at my Job for 2 years it was a good tank but I have learned so much since then. I am excited to see where this tank takes me! Over time I might get a Neptune Apex. But over all I am hoping to keep this tank simple, doing soft corals and some LPS.

I will keep posting here to as things progress! Big smile

Edited by kmtfishchannel - June 12 2019 at 12:04pm
WildBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WildBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2019 at 9:23pm
What is your plans for stocking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmtfishchannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2019 at 6:59pm

Here is another update on my Bio Cube 32 LED. I have 2 clowns, A purple Fire Fish and A Red Fire Fish.  The tank has had the green algae on it for a wile now but hasn't seemed to get any worse. I’m doing my best to keep up on a weekly 5 Gallon Water change. The Tank is cycled and can run the full nitrogen cycle.

As for future stock on this tank I’m not sure what I want for fish. I would love some recommendations on smaller fish. I would love some type of wrasse, maybe a lawn mower blenny. I like the idea of utilitarian fish and fish with lots of personality!

Before to long I plan to get corals for the tank mostly soft, polyp, and some LPS. I’m in the process right now of getting testers to check ALK, Cal, and Mag, before getting some corals.

I always love recommendations for Fish & Corals!

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic