Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LBTR Collect It Before It's Destroyed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DrewSchmidt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrewSchmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LBTR Collect It Before It's Destroyed
    Posted: October 12 2019 at 10:03pm
This is for those of you looking for some LBTR. I know Mark used to be the guy to get you some but I'm not sure if he is still local or not. The area that I found it in is currently being mined by the Union Pacific Rail Road. They are mining the mountain for the granite for use on the rails crossing the Great Salt Lake. I was told that it has been sinking the last few years. In the last few years they have gotten closer and closer to the area where I found it. So if you want some go get it from here before it gets destroyed. 

Before you go this is a very desolate area so make sure you have some spare water and a decent spare tire with the tools you need to change it just in case. This area does not get cell service so it could be a long walk to get to an area that does have service. 

Ok so as for directions. Head West down I-80 I recommend getting fuel at Lake Point so you don't have to fuel up at Delle. Head past the Delle gas station to Exit 62 Lakeside Military Area and turn right and follow the paved road for about 13 miles.
When you get around the 13 mile mark you will see this sign and a kind of fork in the road. Go to the right of this sign going left will take you to the military area.the road will transition from paved to road base from here.
Continue down the road but you will see some warning signs on this road signs about munition training and explosive disposal but don't be frightened just use your common sense when traveling on this part of the road. If you go on the weekend or on cold days you won't have to worry about the road being closed for explosive disposal.
Continue through this and stay on this road till the barbed wire stops. Once you no longer have barbed wire on both sides of you , you have nearly made it. Continue till you see this Road Closed Sign.
Continue past this sign you will see a hill with a antenna on the top. This is the hill you're looking for.

Continue down and you will see these pockets on the side of the mountain.
This is where you will be finding the rock most of it is super easy to collect some of it is sitting right on top other buried stuff is really l easily with a little kick. Just a few hundred feet further and you will see the destruction that is only a little ways away from the area.
This area is a decent spot to collect for now but within a few years I fear it will look like this.
This is make able by car just drive with caution on the dirt roads.
DrewSchmidt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrewSchmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2019 at 10:07pm
I guess I should add pictures of the rock I collected from there lol

I picked up these pieces with about 5 minutes of searching. Pretty good stuff.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2019 at 8:14am
Super helpful information!
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic