Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Juan Morales Doesn't Pay His Debts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Carlsson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlsson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Juan Morales Doesn't Pay His Debts
    Posted: June 17 2023 at 2:51pm
I hate to do this but I hate being taken advantage of even more. Last summer while running out of time to move out of my old place, I sold my setup for a steal of a deal at $2500 to Juan. I let him take it all with nothing more than a handshake and a promise to pay me $500 monthly. Well, with delays and excuses he has so far paid me $1500. The last payment happened in January and he has been ignoring my invoices on Venmo and text messages since then. I am not going to starve because he still owes me $1000 but it irritates me that you cannot trust a man's word anymore. Let this be a warning for others. 

This was a 300 gallon DD aquarium drilled and equipped with ghost overflow x2, custom welded metal stand with a skirt built by a cabinet shop. 

Also included: 
Kessil AP700 x3 with a custom hanging frame
Complete Neptune Apex system with an additional power bar, ATO, and DOS
COR 20 pump
Reef Octopus Regal 250SS skimmer
Trigger system sump x2
RO/DI system with 2 large 70 gallon holding/mixing tanks

Overall worth well over $2500 if parted out. 

Reefboy4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reefboy4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2023 at 12:22pm
If you ever front anyone these days, just expect to not get paid, sad but true unfortunately. Definitely a lesson I had to learn the hard way never again will I make that mistake 
90 gallon mixed reef
chuckfu5 View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckfu5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2023 at 4:30pm
Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry that happened to you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic