Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish section

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Corey Price View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corey Price Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish section
    Posted: November 01 2005 at 1:08pm

Ok, so I've learned a bit about the fish I always wanted to keep.

Is there some way to combine the FAQ about different common species of SW fish into a place that references them, gives statistics of care, reef compatibility and survival, and goes into more practical detail than the handheld fish guide by Scott Michael?  Maybe there's more practical info in his larger books, but I am finding over and over that just because the fish guide says one thing doesn't mean that it's what the average joe will experience with that certain fish...  I like the reefkeeping.com articles and often find them much more helpful.  The problem is that they don't cover all of the neat not-so-uncommon fish.

So I'm just suggesting a place for listings by scientific name, statistics, links, commonly known info, etc.  Maybe not a forum, but a webpage of some kind

Edited by Corwando
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2005 at 2:12pm

I don't know how much work it would take or what new software would be required, but something like this would be cool:

http://www.aquahobby.com/e_marine.php

Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 9:21pm
Nice site with good info Will...thanks
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic