Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Elections for 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 5:57pm
I have to decline, even though I would love to be on the council. I just have too much work out of town to commit to it.
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 6:29pm

I applaud those that take the time to serve on the Presidency and help this club progress.  However, I would also like to applaud those that chose to decline their nominations.  Those on the presidency should be willing and able to take the time and put in the effort that it takes to run the club.  It hurts the rest of those in the presidency and ultimately the whole club when someone decides to serve and then does not follow through.

That being said I would love to continue serving the club as a member of the presidency.

Also someone forgot that one other thing a presidency member must commit to is attending the dinners after the meetings.  <Cough> Suzy <Cough>

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 8:31pm
I have to lose 30 lbs!!! Do you know what they do to fat girls in Belize?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Pet Store
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 9:33pm

As much as I appreciate being nominated, I need to be taken off the list as well because I'm a very undependable person.   However, I am more than willing to lend a helping hand whenever there's an extra task to be done, (ie. buy nemo balloons, help sell raffle tickets, etc.)

Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by MJSavage MJSavage wrote:

Originally posted by Adam Adam wrote:

So i need someone to nominate me to get on the ballot? My work schedule recently changed so i'll be able to make all the meetings

Sure; just like a politician to change his name and then run for office.

Oh, yeah. I'd be happy to nominate Adam (BananaTropics) for the Presidency Council.

Thanks but i dont think my name change will help this time. Well maybe everyone will think im Adam Blundell . Im really excited im able to come to the meetings now. Ive worked Thursday nights since i joined this club.

BTW, Im really good at setting up chairs. I get lots of compliments

Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 11:28am

Looking at the other contendors on that ballot, I feel comfortably safe in saying..... Vote for me! Vote for me!!! I'd also like to take this opportunity to address the wayward prank-player who nominated me, and say "What the #$*! were you thinking?" If I find out who you are retribution will be had. On a serious note, though I'm confident I do not run the risk of being part of the presidency, I am happy to help out. If I can be of any help, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Jamison

Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 4:30pm

I didn't know I was on the list either.  I've had a wedding and am now working in Philadelphia one fourth of the time. 

Thanks for whomever nominated me.  I feel that members of the presidency should attend meetings regularly.  Since I know I can't commit to that with the new job requiring travel, I need to respectfully decline.  Thanks.

Edited by smatney
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
Bob Kripfgans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Kripfgans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 4:42pm
I nominate Adam (alis Banana Tropics)! for the presidency council.  His research, contributions and new ideas to our hobby is outstanding and we would all benifit having him on the board. 
WMAS is da place!
Save the Banggai's!
Tooele,Ut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic