Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Elections for 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Presidency Elections for 2006
    Posted: November 02 2005 at 10:31pm

Hello Aquatic Friends,

Well it is that time of year again.  Starting now and running until December 1st we will be accepting nominations for the WMAS presidency.  We’ll then print up ballots and vote at the December 16th (FRIDAY) meeting.

You can nominate yourself or someone else by posting here, or by sending me a PM.  I will continuously update the nomination post, which will contain the names of nominated club members. 

Personal note.  After about 10 years in this club, and 4 years as president, I think it is in the club’s best interest for a new president to be elected.  I feel that I’ve made the improvements I can make.  My fear is that without a new president the club will stay in a status quo situation.  As much as I hate to see a good thing end, I truly believe the club will be better for it. 

With much appreciation,

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 10:31pm

WMAS Presidents

1995 Tim Weidauer

1996 Tim Weidauer

1997 Tim Weidauer

1998 Joe Jones

1999 Joe Jones

2000 Mark Peterson

2001 Mark Peterson

2002 Adam Blundell

2003 Adam Blundell

2004 Adam Blundell

2005 Adam Blundell

2006 ??? (It could be YOU)

Edited by Adam Blundell
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2005 at 10:31pm

The Nominations

President

Shane Heil (Shane H)

Vice President

Shane Silcox

Presidency Officers

Adam Blundell

Amie ****** (Amie)

Brad Syphus (tileman)

Bruce Ewald (Pistonfister)

Chris Singley (chrisslc)

Connie Perkins (Connie)

Corey Kruitbosch (Coreyk)

Cortney Curran (Gonzo)

David Schultz (dschultz)

David Tea

Diana Tabor (dianatabor)

Dion Richins (holdencraft 33)
Jake Pehrson

Jamison Hensley (Jamison)

Jon Finch (JFinch)

Kevin Kunz (keodog)

Mark Peterson

Shawn Winterbottom (summertop)

Susan Matney (SMatney)

Suzy Applegarth (Suzy)

Will Spencer (wsinbad1)

Edited by Jake Pehrson - March 28 2007 at 4:39pm
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 6:11am
You know, just to keep this a little better organized, maybe we should do
those nominations in Alphabetical order, by last name to look
professional!

Adam, I still don't want you to go!

I nominate Diana for council!
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 6:12am
And Renee as out of Area President, and Carl as Club bouncer!
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 9:29am

Adam,  you have given this club so much in the few years you were president.  I am happy with the direction you have recently taken the club.  But, as happy aa I am with your service, I reluctantly agree that maybe some one else should at least run for president (NOT ME).  Not because of thinking that you have become stale (you haven't), but, it might be time for someone else to share in the work.

You have set a high bar for any new president, but I think Shane will be awesome!

For those following this thread (is that everyone),  I accept the nomination and have been wanting to help out with the club more.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 9:47am

Although I don't really agree with Adam's reasons for stepping down (stagnant club), I do agree that Shane would make a great leader!

Where's Jake going?  This isn't a bipartisan race is it?    Jake's done a great job too, but I'm sure he's looking for a break and (the other) Shane will be great too.

Thanks guys!

Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 11:30am

As always I am more than happy to help the club in any way I can. 

I agree Adam and Jake have done wonders for this club in the respective positions, but I also believe there are others would do a great job as well.  The nominations so far are great ones.

dschultz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dschultz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 3:58pm
Ditto what Will said.

Thanks Adam and Jake for making this a great club.

Edited by dschultz
--David

Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 4:41pm
What are the officers responsibilities?
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 5:46pm
Hey, wait! Now I'm even farther down the list!

Ok, so this isn't popular knowlegde but my name really is Aariel Suzy
Applegarth. Can you fix it?
bugzme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugzme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2005 at 6:00pm
I want you to be in the presidency forever Suzy. You really make the club fun! Move her up Adam----Please.
Jeff
125 tank
50 gallon sump
T-5 lighting
Rum drinker, Carbon User
I KNOW ROCKS THAT ARE YOUNGER THEN ME!! I AM A Realist! I write what I think!!
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 6:28pm

As I have been nominated, I thought I would let everyone know that I would LOVE to be an officer. 

This club (the members) has helped me out so much!.  It is time to take a more active role in the club. 

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
GonZo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GonZo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 6:55pm

Sorry Shane(s)...

I nominate:
Jon for Pres (2nd year in the campain)
Adam for Vice Pres (Has great connections...and we can still abuse them)

Cortney (West Jordan)
The joy of discovery is certainly the liveliest that the mind of man can ever feel. - Claude Bernard
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 7:54pm

Cortney-
Thanks for the nomination, but I'll decline as I'd rather serve on the council (so everyone please vote for me).
I know Jon is declining his nomination for pres as well.  He has made that very clear to me.

Adam

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 7:59pm
Cortney, you're the best!  But I'm going to have to decline the nomination, I'd rather stay married .  The battle axe say's it's ok to be on the council though.

Edited by jfinch
Dion Richins View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dion Richins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2005 at 8:58pm
Sounds like a ton of fun!!
Bad "censored" Cabinets
Best quality in the valley! He is one sexy bald guy, even with out a finger!(MAC)
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 9:36am

Bump-
Elections coming soon.  December 16th.  We'll be sending a notice out to all those nominated shortly to confirm that they do want to run.

Thanks

Adam

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 10:54am
Adam, move me up? By the time every one gets to the bottom, all their
voted will be gone!!!

What if I don't get elected? What if I have to get a life? What if I don't get
to hang out at the presidency meetings? Who will be the voice of crazy
talk? Do you want a presidency of just normal people? How crazy would
that be?

(Do I sound like Donald Rumsfeld?)

Ok, I gotta start campaining!

Vote for Suzy 'cause.........I can.....I will....

Ok, give me some time to think?
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2005 at 12:16pm
Suzy, that's all just crazy talk.  You know full well that everyone is hanging onto 1 vote for you.  We don't care where you're name is on the list, we'll all find it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic