Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday meetings ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2003 at 12:22am
I agree with Shane.
And I enjoy what Jimmy said!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
scroll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2003 at 12:35am
Thats my day off. That would be great.
just my 3 cents shy of a nickel. Ryan 897-2000

1 125 gallon reef
1 120 gallon reef tank and stand custom built by MSM
tomason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2003 at 8:51am
At just one meeting per month, whether it's Thursday or Friday really doesn't matter to me. Plans can be made accordingly!

-Tom
Kam Blake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kam Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 10:35am
I also could make the meeting if it changed to friday. Wife works sun -thues 2:00 to 11:00 night. 2 young kids in a room with a speaker. Ya right....
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 12:50pm
Lots of kids come....
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2003 at 8:41pm
I would still attend on friday but I actually prefer thursday.
Thursday
Friday
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 7:12am
Right now fridays would be better for me, since I have school mon-thurs.  But I can also understand the reasons for having them on thursdays.  I do like the once a quarter idea, since that would allow me to attend without missing school, and not cause everyone to have to re-arrange their schedules to much.  Just my 2 cents worth. 
kingsspot1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingsspot1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2003 at 8:14pm
Fridays are fine w/me. However, I have only been to 1 meeting since becoming a member 2 years ago.

Edited by kingsspot1
Carl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 2:33pm

Just found this discussion and thought that I would throw in my nickel (inflation). For those of you who are swingers and couldn't dedicate one friday night a month due to a packed schedule... good for you!. However, this is STILL only one night a month. I think that perhaps people would be more willing to attend because most would not have to work in the morning. Perhaps (not that I have been to a meeting yet and cannot factually comment) the meetings could be more casual and relaxed and people wouldn't be too concerned about getting home to be up for work the next morning. This is a hobby and weekends are all about relaxing and focusing on things other than work. I think that it would be a great change for the club and really cater to a broader audience.

I think that that might have been worth a dime!

In Syracuse

"I believe that forgiving them is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting." - Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf
Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2003 at 5:07pm

Fridays would defiantly be better for us out of towners .

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 8:37am
I can't make the meetings on Thursdays. I was hoping someone could bring up the topic of the occasional Friday meeting tomorrow night.

It appears there is some interest based on the message board posts.

If there is a vote taken or something, pls consider this my proxy vote for the occasional Friday!!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2003 at 9:40am
Some of us wouldn't mind having the meeting run over into Friday! That's what Wendover is for...
If Adam doesn't bring it up I'll be shocked
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2003 at 7:17am

I am so so sorry!!!!!!

I had been planning all week to have a vote by raise of hands, to get a general opinion.  Choice one meetings always on Thursdays, choice two some friday meetings, choice three meetings always on Fridays.  I had planned it, waited for it.... and totally forgot it.  I guess with me getting ready to leave early, and the confusion of the coral cutting, well I just missed it.  Sorry Shane, hopefully you or someone will remind me next meeting, because I don't want this to just get dropped.

Once again, the reason we didn't discuss this last night was completely my fault as I totally forgot all about it.  I remembered while laying in bed this morning and it was one of those things that makes you just jump up. 

Sorry,

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
tomason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2003 at 9:57am
Adam, it's probably not so bad that you forgot. Those who can't make it on Thursdays wouldn't have been there anyway (though maybe this particular meeting was different).

Does this message board software have a "Poll" feature? So long as people can't/don't vote more than once it would probably be more accurate than doing it at a meeting.

-Tom
twflint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twflint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 03 2003 at 10:10am
My vote would be to stay on Thursdays. I usually have stuff going on Friday nights.

Troy      
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2003 at 6:11am
Adam,

How about bringing this up tonight? I would appreciate it. I'm hoping for the occasional Friday meeting ...

Regards,
Shane
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2003 at 10:29am

It's already been taken care of.... please see my post in recommendations that I am about to make. (by the way I just got on the forum now to make the update, and saw that you had posted this as well, what a coincidence)

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic