Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

maroon clown hosts xenias

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: maroon clown hosts xenias
    Posted: January 15 2006 at 10:31pm

I just got some new xenias from the guy getting rid of everything in his tank and also bought another maroon clown.  Everything was going great, both of my maroon clowns are getting along, but today the new clown is hosting the xenias from his old tank.  The guy said sometimes he would go in them once in awhile, but he has been in them since I got home 2 hours ago.  They are all closed up which I don't blame them, but does anyone know a way that I can try to entice the clown to chance hosts.  I currently have a condy anemone that I want to get rid of (in the buy-sell-trade section) and get a bubble tip.  Is it likely that with a bubble tip it will change hosts or could I block the xenia off somehow.  I don't have another tank to switch anything to.  Any suggestions would be great! 

Amber

20 nano hex

Crazy Tarzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crazy Tarzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 1:13am
I would say don't worry about it.  You'll probably soon discover that having the clown keep the xenia from being so 'active' is actually a good thing (unless it truly begins to die off...).  The clown might host in a bubble tip anemone, but it all depends on the fish in reality, my A. Ocellaris host in a frogspawn coral, rather than an anemone, and one is even a wild caught (according to the store I bought it at a while back), so go figure.  
Was that in there yesterday? Casper--WY windier than ?

Down to a 20, soon to double or nothing
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2006 at 6:41am
My Perculas host in my Pom Pom Xenia and neither the clowns nor the xenia have any negative reaction at all.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic