Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Floaties"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Merkley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Floaties"
    Posted: February 06 2006 at 4:42pm

Hi all,

I wanted to know what kind of filtration you use on your tank.  The reason I ask is we have a 75G fish only setup, with overflow, a wet/dry sump, and a protein skimmer and we always have little particles floating around in our water.  At first I thought that they were bubbles, that's how small they are.  I look at pics here on the forum and in tanks at the stores and no one else has them. 

Adam Merkley
Salt Lake City, UT
ssilcox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssilcox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 5:07pm

I still wouldnt rule out bubbles. They are usually the culprit.

If not - You may want to try a filter sock on your drain from your display. May help resolve it.

Merkley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 5:33pm

Sweet!  A filter sock, don't have one of those yet.  That's the kind of answer I'm lookin' for! 

For clarification - some of the "floaties" may be micro bubbles, but the vast majority are definitely not.  I think they're stuff kicked up by my diamond goby.

Edited by Merkley
Adam Merkley
Salt Lake City, UT
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic