Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

coral compatablity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: coral compatablity
    Posted: February 16 2006 at 4:06pm

Well we just got this tank that was already set up and it has alot of sps corals, and we are wanting to switch it over to mostly soft corals.  So my question is are any sps corals ok to keep with soft corals or should I get rid of them all?  There are 3 acros that I probably want to get rid of (they aren't looking so hot, so if you're interested let me know) and 1 montipora plate coral that will go. 

I also have some lps and want to make sure they're ok as well; 1 favia, and 2 acanthastrea (one of which I would really like to keep).  I have a large leather that has not extended any polps for 2 days, I moved him further away from the acros hoping that would help, and some nepthea who once I moved away from the acros are opening up and looking great.  I want to get some pompom xenia, but I want to make sure i'm mixing things ok before I do. 

So am I ok to keep the lps like the acanthastrea with the soft corals, and where would be the best placement for them together?  Also is there a way to keep sps with soft corals safely or is it best to avoid this?

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, If I was starting from scratch I wouldn't even have most of these in the tank in the first place to worry about, any help would be awesome!

Amber
29 gallon reef
pictures of some of my frags at frags.org
rhymechizel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhymechizel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 4:57pm

I have a tank with SPS, LPS and softies.  They all are doing great.  Just keep your SPS closest to the light.

Where are you located?  If you still want to get rid of a few SPS I would like to come by and see what you have.  I have Pom Pom xinia as well if you are still looking for some.

Edited by rhymechizel
120g up an running in Spanish Fork.

aaaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:10pm
I'm in salt lake, at the U.  I'm really not a huge fan of acros, I like to see more movement in the water, so I'll be selling those.  I'm around most afternoon and evenings if you want to look at them.  I am definately interested in some Pom Pom xenia, maybe a trade? Let me know.
Amber
29 gallon reef
pictures of some of my frags at frags.org
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic