Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Meeting topic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Meeting topic
    Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:35am
I think it might be a cool presentation to have one of the fire investigators come talk to the club.

Randy (h200)
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 11:37am

Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

I think it might be a cool...

I think it might be scary.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:25pm

I think that would be a fantastic presentation even if they made it a short 15-20 minute presentation.  How to set up the electrical equipment safely is something we all need to know.

Maybe also have a small presentation on how GFCI outlets and Ground Probes work to go along with it.

We could even do a hands on presentation where everyone could feel what it's like to be shocked by putting their hands in a tank with stray electricity.

pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:28pm
Maybe it could be like a fish tank safety fair. Have a couple small presentations about safety. Wether it be electrical, flood, whatever. Be kinda interesting.
dnellans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnellans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:34pm
i like pmpt's idea... a safty fair would be awesome!  preventing flood and fire are both good ideas in my book =)

-dwn

Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 1:45pm

Wonderful idea. I like the idea of a shorter meeting...... I maybe alone but they run on a little long for me.... Anyone else???

I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 2:17pm
Connie,

Many of us get there just after 6:00 to set up chairs and get things ready, then we leave about 9:30 after cleaning up and taking down chairs - just to go to dinner and talk about fish for another couple of hours.

Shorter meetings .... come on.

I do like the safety fair idea. Consider it noted!
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Connie Connie wrote:

Wonderful idea. I like the idea of a shorter meeting...... I maybe alone but they run on a little long for me.... Anyone else???

You obviously were not in the club prior to me being president.  Jake and I were quite proud of the fact that we had shortened the meetings and were preventing them from being so long.  Some of us remember the old days.

Adam 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 2:42pm

I am always in a hurry to get my corals home... God forbid I go to the meeting and come home with out new corals...  Do people really go to listen to a speaker??  

I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:21pm

Hmmm...I prefer the speaker meetings by far!

smatney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smatney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 3:50pm
I think the topic sounds interesting but after growing up on a farm with electric fences, I'll pass on getting shocked.  I've been there - done that.
Susan Matney
Farmington, UT
pmpt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 4:16pm
Ever get your cousin to pee on an electric fence? Now thats funny!!!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 7:51pm

Connie,  you need to go to the Freshwater club meetings.  The last one I went to ran until 11:00.  When they do their Auction it goes on all day long.

Susan, Come on, it will be nostalgic.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic