Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish expo?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jewnyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewnyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish expo?
    Posted: March 15 2006 at 3:34am
I don't know if this has ever been brought up before but, has the club ever thought about having some sort of fish expo?  Getting out of state retailers as well as our LFS's all in one place to sell fish stuff.  It sounds like a huge undertaking but I was just wondering if anyone has even attempted it.
"Your worst enemy could be your best friend, and your best friend your worst enemy"
[email protected] Sandy, UT
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 8:02am

I really don't think anyone would be interested in attending.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:16am
Unless the livestock was priced at wholesale or below, many WMAS club members would likely not be interested.

We are CHEAP!
Jewnyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewnyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:17pm
Yeah true I'm the same way, the different club meetings that happen are kinda like mini fish expos in a way.  
"Your worst enemy could be your best friend, and your best friend your worst enemy"
[email protected] Sandy, UT
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 7:53pm

I attended a fish expo last Saturday.  Unfortunately for most people here it only involved freshwater fish, but things did go pretty cheap.

It was called the Great Salt Lake Aquarium Societies Spring Auction.  I sold $100 worth of plants and bought $130 worth of fish, food, and other items.  I did notice I was the only one there wearing a WMAS T-shirt.  Where were the rest of you?

amorgenegg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amorgenegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:03pm
I heard about that.  I know Mike Dennis, his brother married my oldest sister, who I think is in their presidency.  I wish I had paid more attention because I would have gone if for nothing else than to just look and talk since I don't have room in my two fresh tanks for anything.
Andrew Morgenegg
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

I attended a fish expo last Saturday. . . Where were the rest of you?

This is the first I heard of it.

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

I did notice I was the only one there wearing a WMAS T-shirt.  Where were the rest of you?

Will,

Nice. Sporting the colors! I bet those freshies were jealous!
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2006 at 12:07pm

They have T-shirst too, but they have a big pic of some sort of ugly Ciclid on it instead of a cool seastar. 

No offense to Ciclid lovers.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic