Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just wanted to say Hello!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wanted to say Hello!
    Posted: April 13 2006 at 11:34am

Hello from the land up north!

Just to introduce myself I am Will from Gooding ID. I have doing SW for about 4yrs. Mainly FOWLR in a 55gl and 10gl. The 10 is in my wifes class room she teaches 3rd grade. All the kids love that tank! 

We have decided to start doing some corals in it. We have upgraded the lighting with Currents Orbit 20" 80watts. Also a micro skimmer. Any help with selection of corals would greatly be appreciated. The kids like alot of color. I also work at the school through the summer so I can keep an eye on the tank then. This is a great chance for kids to learn what our under sea world holds for them. I have had two families ask us to help them in setting up a small tanks this summer.

The LFS around here are limited. There are 2 and their selection is small and prices are LARGE! I travel down your way about once a month. This is such a great way for me to learn and get to know others in the trade. I wish there was something like this in Idaho.

Hope to get to know all of you alittle better.....Will

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 11:44am

You are only a couple hours from Boise... right?  May want to check in with them as well.  They are a smaller club, but with some very nice and helpful people.

www.idahoreefs.org

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Connie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 11:54am
Will, plan your monthly drive down the first Thursday of every month & join us for the meetings... WELCOME
I have flying monkeys and I'm not afraid to use them.

180 gallon money pit that I love.....
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 12:24pm
Will, WELCOME TO WMAS!

ltanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ltanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2006 at 4:50pm
Will, welcome to the club.  I have a tank in my classroom that has been beautified by donations from members of this club.  Several of the soft corals that have been donated have grown out to fragging size, so if your trips ever bring you down to northern UT county, let me know.  I have some green nepthia, GSP, encrusting gorgonia, xenia, and leather that I'd be happy to donate (especially since most of them were donated to me!).

I'm curious about your micro skimmer.  Which brand is it, and does it really work?  I've been looking for a smaller skimmer for my 12 gal and have just about decided DIY is the only way to go.

Edited by ltanner
Laura
Orem
29 gal reef
pickensw View Drop Down
IMAS Friend
IMAS Friend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pickensw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 3:53pm

Thanks for the welcome! I have tried the club here in Idaho and not much happens. You all are so much more active.

Laura I purchased a CURRENT USA Fission Nano-Skimmer Protein Skimmer on Tuesday along with my lights. It's only 2inches wide. I have not installed it yet. Plan on doing it this weekend. We have been to busy with the flood watch here. One of the rivers runs right behind our house. We are moving all the basement stuff upstairs. They say we will be under a flood watch for the next 2 months to 10 weeks. HOW LOVELY!!! We are planing to be down there on the 21st and I would love to get some frags from you. Let me know when would be a good time to pick them up. My Wife and I are taking some comp time off.

Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2006 at 6:03pm
2 months to 10 weeks. Geez that's an awful long time to go through that kind of stress.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic