Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More FAQ’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More FAQ’s
    Posted: April 24 2006 at 7:58pm
How about adding things like what is cycling, water parameters, etc.  I know there are varying opinions so add several or provide some links.
rstruhs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstruhs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 10:00pm

I believe/hope that Mark P will chime in here.  He has some good links and articles.  For example, cycling is highly arguable as being necessary.  There are ways to shorten cycling.  Water parameters... there are way too many opinions especially when it comes to the "trace" elements!

Check out the back of the WMAS card, also, do a search on water parameters.  Other things like lighting, filtration, and flow can affect your chemistry too!

Good luck!

Rodney, Sandra, Jeffery, and Laura Struhs
South Jordan, Utah 98th South & 40th West.
(801) 282-2744

75 gallon reef
55 gallon reef
55 gallon FOWLR
20 gallon FOWLR
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2006 at 11:27pm

Seems that this has probably been discussed at length by some of us, and though it certainly is a good idea, I have noticed how some questions get answered over and over again, almost incessantly! I cannot count all the times that exact same topics have been brought up by different people, often within days. Why would people choose to laboriously read through an entire FAQ thread to find if it answered their question, when they can simply ask the question in their very own thread and have it personally answered within minutes? Why?

And if we were to place more info in FAQ threads, how would we decide among the differing opinions, alternatives and viewpoints? Maybe it's not all bad that the MB is like an interactive library, collectively comprised of all our minds?

After all, we are the "Collective" and "Resistance is futile." 

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
tileman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tileman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2006 at 12:27am
The "BORG" of Aquaria
335G Reef
TOTM.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/2/aquarium
ReefKeepers TOTM Feb. 2012
http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index....k-of-the-month

&
dadofrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadofrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 10:00am
I would love to see the important water paramaters addressed in the F.A.Q. section along with suggestions on how they are safely adjusted. I think this would greatly help the newby's out.

I realize they are on cards but if someone just stumbled on the websight they won't have a card yet, and what do you do if you lose the card?
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2006 at 10:05am
Originally posted by dadofrad dadofrad wrote:

and what do you do if you lose the card?

Come to the fragfest and get one free with purchase LOL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic