Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10 gallon fish...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ryan Thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10 gallon fish...
    Posted: May 03 2006 at 11:49pm
what are some good fish for a 10 gallon tank? i dont want clowns as i have them in my main tank. i want something different in my 10 gallon. what do you guys recommend?
Good Greef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Greef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 1:03am
Clown Gobies (I love my rivulatus)

Neon Gobies (Let me know if you ever find sharknosed Neon Gobies)

In fact go check out the Dr. Fosters web site and look under nano fish! Tons of great ideas I would just research anything first but its a start at least. I have the two fish above in my 10 gallon reef and an Occelaris. I plan on a firefish also and that will probably about do it for fish in there.

Edited by Good Greef - May 04 2006 at 1:04am
Please, be kind and gentle for most of what we know is commonplace,subjective,and misunderstood. learn in peace.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 1:07am
i dont want anything that eats the bugs though. i am using this tank more as a refugium/tank. it grows chaeto right now and some other macro's and then the live sand in it. i am using it more to help new people who need live sand and algae. does that make sense?
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 8:43am
Rainsfordi gobi is nice and pretty.
Kevin F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 11:51am
Rainford's will eat pods, however they are exquisite fish.

I don't know of any fish that will not eat pods. Even sand sifting fish like a twinspot goby would do fine in a 10g but probably eat the pods that were on the sand.

The chaeto will make a good type of hiding place, but not completely.

My advice if you want it to be a refugium style tank is to leave it fishless. Is it hooked up to a running system? You might need to feed those macro's some nitrates.

Also IME that chaeto will quickly fill a 10g and leave no room for the other macro's. I give out chaeto to local reefers at least once a month, sometimes I just toss it in the dumpster. I have a couple of 20's filled with it. JME.

Sorry I can't be of any help.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. Albert Einstein

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 2:01pm
it is not hooked up to a running system. if the chaeto needs nitrates then i need to put fish in it right? i have seperated the tank though with some acrylic and the chaeto is on one side and the live sand on the other.
Good Greef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Greef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2006 at 3:11pm
Refugium = no predator access, fish love podsPig
Please, be kind and gentle for most of what we know is commonplace,subjective,and misunderstood. learn in peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic