Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fantastic Website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fantastic Website
    Posted: November 16 2003 at 6:18pm
So I'm standing there looking at the tanks and turn to the person next to me, "Did you know that there is a club? A marine fish club?"
Really, There is?!! they say. Oh yes and we have a website with a forum and... and the conversation builds from there....

In the last couple days I visited Aquatica in Orem and MSM in Centerville. Mostly the Local Fish Stores don't seem to care whether we(the WMAS) are around or not, but I have fun when I visit the LFS and I'm really glad they are in business.

Four people were so excited that they almost paid me for the WMAS business card that I handed them. They introduce themselves, shake my hand and say that they hope to see me at the next meeting.
It's fun how interested people are to know that there is a local group they can learn from.
Try it yourself and experience how it is to share the fun!

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
bubblenbrain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bubblenbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 7:27pm
Hehe....Yes Mark....it even reaches half way around the globe
Tiny bubbles in my head
:) what was the count again....1, 2, 8, 3
utahtaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote utahtaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 9:08pm
I have noticed that LFS don't really care there is a club either with the exception of a couple. Maybe they feel threatened by the club beings that we trade frags and such and spend less in the stores as a result of it? Who knows?

Edited by utahtaper
ffc3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2003 at 9:18pm
I've gotten the impression from LFS's that the feeling is a little stronger than just "don't really care".
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 10:33am
My post was intended to share what fun it was to see people finding out that there is a local club, a valuable resource they didn't know existed. Though I have strong personal feelings regarding the LFS - WMAS relationship, that was not the object of this post and I am sorry it muddied the water.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 10:56am
Saturday I spread the word at Petco. I don't recommend going there but I stop by to see how they are doing when I get bored and because it is so close to home. While I was there I heard a guy asking if they had Rotifers, and the sales person giving the standard "What's that?", "Ohh, the person who knows about saltwater is not here today" answers. So I butted in and told him they did not carry rotifers but Fish-4-U does. And we talked for about 20 minutes and he did not know there was a local club either.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic