Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fish with the most personality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish with the most personality
    Posted: July 18 2006 at 2:15pm
I am looking to find out what kind of fish have the most personality that are suitable for a reef tank. Does anyone know much about this? I have a royal gramma, and a 6 line wrasse that are pretty cool but I am looking to add some more fish that will enhance my tank even further. Chip in, even if it's just your favorite. Thanks for the help!
Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 2:24pm
my cleaner shrimp and clownfish have a lot of personality. They are very friendly. The cleaner will hop on your hand of you put it in the tank, and my clownfish will eat out of my hand. They host in my pom pom xenia and it is fun watching them when they swim really fast though it.
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 2:55pm
I like blennies. One of my favorites is the bicolor. Tons of personality plus hardy and cheap.
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 4:32pm
how much personality would a flame or coral beauty angel have? I have never had one but I think I want to get one.
unixnum1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unixnum1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 4:47pm
My flame and coral angels have all been shy.
They are deffinetly pretty but hide allot.

So far my favorite have been,
    Golden Marroon anenome fish
    cleaner shrimp
    Sailfin tang   Looks pretty cool when the sail is fully furled

All of the above fish stay front and center and like to be hand fead (including some impatient nips at the fingers)
220G with 30G sump, SPS/LPS. RoboTank Controller.
=====================================

If life is a bowl of cherry's,
why am I always the stem?

bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 5:18pm

I know I'm in the fish category so I hope you'll excuse me, but what about good inverts? Anything colorful or rare that is good for a reef?

Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 5:35pm
IME ...
most personality = flame hawk
Gahlenfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gahlenfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 6:42pm
I too like my bicolor blenny.  I have heard that flame hawks are great also.
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 6:51pm
Mybe it would help if we new the size of your tank. I think my Lawn Mower Blenny has tons of personality, but you have to have a tank big enough to keep one fed. Sexy shrimp have lots of personality, as do boxer crabs. Some people really like gobies if they don't mind sand piles in different places.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 6:57pm
My tank is a 75g with a foot of 43x13
skibum801 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skibum801 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 7:44pm
bicolor blenny  here also
90g reef 30g long refugium,2x250 hqi 4x65w pc
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2006 at 11:30pm
Anyone seen any good health/color bicolor blennies out there lately? I live close to Birdworld and I make trips to the aquarium often. Is there another store out there I should be really checking out for livestock?
Deep Pitt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deep Pitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 9:46am
In my tank the Diamond Goby has the most personality.

It is always building something and moves shell pieces around seemingly to decorate.
My father-in-law is completely smitten by this fish and likes to bring shells over (which he gathered on Florida beaches) for it to play with.

The Goby will often make eye contact with you, hop up and down a few times, then go about it's business.

FWIW
John

SLC (S. Jordan)

200 Gal Reef

bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 10:35am
I like my Diamondback goby too! The first one I had was really fun, but this one is even better- he's out all the time!
reefsearcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefsearcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 4:33pm
my Blue tang has a lot of personality. Neon Gobies are cool, and so are Rainford's gobies (i have all three) i also agree with the Bi -color blenny, IMO this is a cool fish that's quite comical!
People think I'm psychotic when I get excited about invertebrate encrusted live rock!

about invertebrate encrusted live rock!
bbauman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbauman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 4:36pm
I've thought about getting a smaller blue tang. I really want to get a rainford goby. Anyone seen any in pet stores lately? I haven't seen one in a while.
reefsearcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reefsearcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2006 at 4:38pm

they had some at marine aquatics but i think they are gone now... but keep trying to find one, its a cool fish, good luck!

People think I'm psychotic when I get excited about invertebrate encrusted live rock!

about invertebrate encrusted live rock!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic