Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Join The Presidency

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 9:28am

My boss calls me the 'fish lady' - I've been trying to convince him to let me put a tank in my office. . . . he's getting weak! 

Back to the subject - Jaminson would be an awesome addition to the presidency!! 
Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Suzy Suzy wrote:

Beef or Deer? I'm not sure about those Idaho guys!

In Idaho, the masses generally settle for a combination of the two. It's an interesting bouquet they call "Beer". I don't think it'll catch on in the rest of the country though.
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
Mike Savage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 3:06pm

Jamison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Shane H Shane H wrote:

Wow Jamison!

The club could use a PR guy in the presidency. I think that is the best summation of presidency qualifications yet.

I'd be happy to serve so long as "PR" guy stands for what I think it does....

If it has anything to do with Perpetually Reclining, Public Relations or Private Rendevous, then I likely have something to offer.

If instead, it would subject me to the areas of Punk Rocker, Purple Rump, or Psychologically Repressed, well I'd still be qualified, but would like to respectfully decline.

Edited by Jamison - September 13 2006 at 3:44pm
Educate. Inspire. Conserve.

http://[email protected]
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 5:12pm
I'll throw my hat in the ring if there is anywhere that I can be of help.

Brian
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 9:03pm
My wife found it very funny that a female friend of ours and myself were going out one afternoon to get crabs as we both needed some and they are cheaper if we go in together to get them.

Now are you sure you want to volunteer.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 9:15pm
I'm excited to see this thread a couple of months before elections!

We will be taking nominations throughout the month of November, finalizing a ballot at the end of November and voting at the December meeting.

By all means, if you want to participate in the presidency then please let that be known. 
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2006 at 10:36pm
I was thinking the exact same thing as Shane.
Adam
Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
bbeck4x4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbeck4x4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2006 at 7:57am
yes I am interested, just need to know where I can be of help.

Brian
Family Portraits /Google trusted Photographer for Google Maps for Businesses
GARFVolunteer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARFVolunteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 6:56pm

(I didn't wanna get my hair wet! Just got a new color and who knows what is in that water)

Suzy, haven't you heard that the Payette river water has many wonderful and magical properties, It has been known to cure hang-overs, halitosis, hickeys, warts, freckles, coughs, colds, runny noses, and is a sure fire guaranty cure for male patterned baldness. I am living proof as I have a fuller thicker head of hair now than I had when I was 20.

Beef or Deer? I'm not sure about those Idaho guys! They're cute but....

Who is that cute fat guy sitting on the back of the raft??? FYI I hear he ate most of the jerky...

Thanks,

Scott

Edited by GARFVolunteer - September 16 2006 at 7:02pm
President Idaho Marine Aquarium Society
A fair and biased reef hobbyist
"How do you make poor people rich by making rich people poor" Rush Limbaugh on Obama taxes
Will Spencer View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Will Spencer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by GARFVolunteer GARFVolunteer wrote:

(I didn't wanna get my hair wet! Just got a new color and who knows what is in that water)

Suzy, haven't you heard that the Payette river water has many wonderful and magical properties, It has been known to cure hang-overs, halitosis, hickeys, warts, freckles, coughs, colds, runny noses, and is a sure fire guaranty cure for male patterned baldness. I am living proof as I have a fuller thicker head of hair now than I had when I was 20.

Drowning is a sure cure for anything.
sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Will Spencer Will Spencer wrote:

My wife found it very funny that a female friend of ours and myself were going out one afternoon to get crabs as we both needed some and they are cheaper if we go in together to get them.

Now are you sure you want to volunteer.

All in the name of great hobby!! Heck ya!!  Helping ppl is one of the best motto's of this club.  Thinking of others before yourself. . . n' all that good stuff.

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 7:48pm
Scott, are you saying I have some of those things?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARFVolunteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 8:05pm

Scott, are you saying I have some of those things?

Of course not,, just letting you know there isn't anything bad in the water so there is no excuse to miss it next year.  I have heard it will never change hair color like a chlorinated pool will...

Thanks,

Scott
"How do you make poor people rich by making rich people poor" Rush Limbaugh on Obama taxes
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 9:27pm
Are there any snakes or snake like creatures?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARFVolunteer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 11:06pm

Are there any snakes or snake like creatures?

I have never seen any snakes on any raft trips. However, I have seen a black bear (on the trip that the WMAS Presidency went on), geese, duck, osprey, chipmunks, and bald eagles.  I have seen both osprey and bald eagles fishing and ducks running the rapids in front of us.  It is an amazing trip...  The scenery is awesome and a deli style, make your own, lunch is served on the bottom of a raft that has been set up as a table with a beautiful checkered table cloth...

For anyone that may be a little nervous about rafting, we can put you in inflatable kayaks.

Looking forward to seeing everyone next year.

Thanks,

Scott

Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2006 at 12:13am
OK, I'm in!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic