Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUPERCHARGED CALCIUM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Aquarium Creations View Drop Down
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPERCHARGED CALCIUM
    Posted: December 08 2003 at 10:58pm

I found supercharged reef calcium on ebay for sell its 5 Lbs for $35.00 plus $16.00 for shipping i only need a pound or two does any one else want to go in on some with me ? thats cheap for calcium i emailed the company for more info let me know if anyone is interested its listed on ebay under super charged calcium item number 236547311.......

Aquarium Maintenance,Consulting,Custom Built Glass Aquariums
Rimless/Euro,24Hr Emergency Service 8015485201
Www.UtahAquariumDoctors.com
[email protected]

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2003 at 11:15pm
I can't find the item on Ebay.  Are you sure it's a reef supplement and not a health food?  I've never heard of "supercharged reef calcium" and it sounds like a calcium carbonate human supplement.  I need more info, I might be interested...
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 3:33am
goto to ebay and type in super charged calcium its for marine tanks
[email protected]

KeoDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeoDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 6:06am
Eric, thatpetplace.com has Kent Turbo Calcium for 42.99 for 3200g (7.05 lbs). This is what I got. I think this works out a little cheaper and you know what your getting. By the way why are you buying calcium if you have a reactor?
Kevin Kunz (Sandy, UT)
300g reef

"A trade by which one gains and the other loses is a fraud."   Ayn Rand
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 6:45am
Eric,  I can't access ebay from here at work.  What is super charged calcium?  I seached last night from home, but didn't show anything on ebay when searching for this, maybe I didn't spell it right...
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 10:31am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=236547311 2&category=3212

Description from Ebay Auction:
Super Charged Calcium 5lbs A Great way to acheive your desired calcium levels in a marine tank. We ship the folowing Monday on Evey order. Will make quantity exeptions. Don't pay more for chemicals buy Under the Sea Chemicals. We are your quanity dealer. Contact us for higher quantitys.

Edited by Sarnack
tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 11:37am

I emailed under the sea chemicals. I was told that they do not want people to bid so they posted it high hoping for email responses. for some reason you cant just buy it now. And I asked if they price match and they said they would beat the quantity on turbo calcium for the same price but shipping will remain the same.

So let me know when you order it becase I have a reactor also but I have alot of sps and am having a hard time raising it above 250. I also asked about mag, and buffer and they said next weak it also will be for sale.

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 12:12pm
Caution is advised here. They are looking to grab anyone that hasn't been through this before. Beware the miracle cure/additive.

This is sounding like the same stuff in a different package. We can't add just Calcium Hydrochloride/Turbo Calcium/Supercharged Calcium or whatever you want to call it, forever, or your chemical balance will shift and you'll end up with problems.

Jon Finch our resident Chemical Engineer/chemist will hopefullly check this out and set us straight.

Welcome to the group Tom-
I am intrigued about a calcium level of 250 while using a Calcium Reactor. Please tell us more. What all do you have that is soaking up all that Ca? How is the alk and pH, day and night? Can we see pics?

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 1:25pm

Caution, yes.  Has anyone here used supercharged calcium?  For how long?  Ebay is a strange place, you've got Tijuana on one corner and Sak's 5th Ave next door, both incogneto.  It could be good food grade CaCl2 or driveway ice melter, I don't know.  I'll look it up on Ebay when I get home (hopefully there's more info then what Sarnack posted).  Anyway, at the price they're asking I'd feel much safer buying the Kent Turbo Calcium that Kevin posted.  Just my "unscientific" take on the issue.

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 2:47pm

I just got back a email from John the owner of under the sea chemicals he told me they call it supercharged calcium unlike the other companys. who call it turbo He advised me it is made of the same calcium as other companys  use but your not going to pay for a name with them

I told him about the kent marine ad on ebay and he told me he would sell me 10 lbs for the same price he listed before $35.00 and $16.00 shipping i went ahead and placed a order if anyone would like some when i get it let me know if not i will have alot for the rest of my life

Tom sounds like you have a small reactor or its not working right?

i have a reactor to but i am doing some changes to it so i needed to ad calcium

and dont want to pay alot for it.. tell me how you have your reactor running ?

[email protected]

tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 3:20pm
my reactor was running perfect untill I started overstocking my tank. I probably just need a bigger one. but they are around 350+ so I think this will be easyier to afford being christmas n all.
Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 3:32pm
I see still think it might be running wrong? maybe out of co2?? anyways let me know if you want some calcium it should be here friday i hope or its going to be monday its going to be $5.10 a pound let me know..
[email protected]

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 5:00pm

Eric, you're much more trusting then I.  undertheseachemicals has (0) feedback.  You might be the first!  Let me know how it turns out.

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 5:43pm
Your right Jon i am ill try it and let you know
[email protected]

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 9:48pm

UPDATE, 

I have talked to one of the fish wholesalers in Cali i use to order from about undertheseachemicals, and he told me that its a small company and they have  great products. They might pick up the line for use in there holding facillity due to his bulk cost rates so that makes me feel alittle better about buying it now after i ordered it i read you post John then i started to think i do trust people alittle to much at times, but i feel awhole lot better now.

[email protected]

jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 9:57pm

That's good to hear, eric.  You could very well be a trendsetter .

One other thing... you can always trust me  .

Pet Store
Pet Store

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquarium Creations Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 10:07pm

Thanks i just see the good in people even when im getting kicked in the back ..

but i think thats a great price for calcium $5.10 a pound shipped like i said i only need about a 1 pound maybe 2 at the most ( depending how fast i do my reactor) the rest is up for sell if anyone is interested. I was starting to think what if it was some crap then i have some $5.10 a pound crap !!!!!!!!!

[email protected]

tom- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2003 at 10:31pm
 I will take a pound or 2 from you pm me with your info so I can get in touch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic