Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Predicted Coral Reef Die-Off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Chuck Elliott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuck Elliott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 10:53am
we also feed the world which takes energy to do.
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2006 at 2:43pm
You've been watching too much PBS and those ADM commercials.Wink
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
sshm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 11:13am
Mark, ADM=Archer Daniel Midland? The agriculture company which made the news around 1998-1999? I've never seeen their commercials but why would they advertize on public TV when they only export and dont sell to the American consumer?
BTW, PBS sometimes has good educational programs, for instance some hint that the universe is bigger than humans and whichever space they occupy.
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 2:24pm
You don't have to watch KUED very long to see an ADM comercial (ADM... Supermarket to the world).  They must sponsor some aspect of PBS either nationally or locally on KUED.  Oh and btw, they do market big time to US consumers.  If you want corn oil, oats, etc, in quanity it's very likely you'll be dealing with ADM.  We buy railcars of ethanol from them...
sshm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sshm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 3:27pm
For some reason I thought ADM was 100% exporter, thanks for clearing that up Jon.
Suzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 4:34pm
They are also big on the Sunday morning talk shows...
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2006 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by sshm sshm wrote:

some hint that the universe is bigger than humans and whichever space they occupy.

I believe that to be true. Now, what I am about to write may sound odd, but I believe that we actually participated in some small way in creating this world on which we live and that there are an unknown number of other worlds created by the beings that live on them. Further, if we do our best to live right by being honest, helping each other and try to make this world a better place, we will be granted the opportunity to live here forever in a glorified, higher spiritual condition someday. This may sound crazy, but I'm pretty sure it's true.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic