Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pistol shrimp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pistol shrimp
    Posted: December 12 2002 at 10:52pm
 I have a pistol shrimp that I would like to move from a 3 gallon to a 35 gallon. I have very little in the 35 right now. A coral banded shrimp( this was my main concern)and a phycodelic gobey. Thanks for any help
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 9:05am

Pistol shrimp are awesome! One of our club members Gary Kemp recently caught his pistol shrimp.  He knew which rock it liked to hide in, so he lifted the rock out of the tank and shook out the shrimp.  Some people try luring them out with food, not sure how well that works.  And they do eat banded shrimp.  I'm interested to see what someone else may have to say.

Adam 

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
ewaldsreef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewaldsreef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2002 at 4:23pm
I may just want to leave him were he is in the 3 gallon if he is going to harm my coral banded. He is in a good spot in the 3 gallon were you can peek in and see him under the rock.  I was thinking of tearing this tank down but I will probably hold off for now. Any thoughts on adding a friend for him? I have heard that watchman gobies do well in small tanks also neon gobies.
Contact me for professional aquarium maintenance and localy grown coral frags. [URL=http://www.aquatitranquility.com][/URL]

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic