Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rose Anenome

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tyler Stewart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rose Anenome
    Posted: March 28 2007 at 10:03am
I just put a Rose Anenome in my tank with Clown.  What will an Anenomw eat?  It is acting kind of weird.  At first it was right out front and in the light.  Now, it is hiding under a cave I built and not in the light at all.  Is this normal??  It has been there for about 2 days now and shows no sign of moving.  If this is not normal, what should I do?
I have a 29 gallon Bio Cube with 35lbs of LR, PC lighting, 2" crushed coral sand bed.

Thanks
65 gal reef
(Syracuse, Utah)

How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?

If you're in hell, and are mad at someone, where do you tell them to go?

sukie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sukie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 10:22am
Tyler, have you tested your parameters?  It might of been too early to add the anemone.  It's going to move around til it finds a good place.  But usually the rule of thumb is to have an established tank for 6mos before adding one. 

Lyscer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyscer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 11:06am
I use to feed my anemone silversides. I have a ton of them still, if you would like to try some. My BTA has its foot in a dark spot and will expand from behind my rocks during the day, and at night it will retract back behind the rockwork where I almost can't even see it. (It has been doing this for 9 months now) and it is turning into a monster so I assume that it is healthy :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 11:23am
I was told by the person that I got it from that it would be just fine because My LR, LS, and LW came right from his established tank right to mine.  Plus, if I didnt take it from him right then, he was going to flush it because he didnt know what to do with it.  He was leaving to CA for 2 years and it was a Sunday.  He was leaving that night. So, instead of him tossing it, I thought that I would save it.  I couldnt find anybody that wanted to hold it for me for longer than a couple of days.
65 gal reef
(Syracuse, Utah)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2007 at 12:06pm
Do I have to spot feed it?  I just talked to my wife and she said that it came out from hiding and is looking good.  Maybe it just wasnt awake yet when I saw it.  My Bio Cube has 2x36 Pc's and I was told that I could have just about any softie and some LPS because my tank is not that deep and the lighting is close.  Is that true??  Is my lighting enough for this anenome?
65 gal reef
(Syracuse, Utah)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic