Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPS polyps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPS polyps
    Posted: March 30 2007 at 5:03pm
Well, I used to get great polyp expansion during the day.  Now nothing.  At first I thought some of my sps were dieing off but no, they continue to show growth.  Then the other night I decided to flip on some lights and saw giant polyps (much bigger than I had seen before) on my sps but they were all clear.  This is on most of my acros, milli and others (I don't know what exactly they all are). 

Even the montis are only expanding at night but they at least still have colored polyps.  I've got my ca and alk a little high 450 ppm and 10.2 at last check and am slowly bringing those down a bit.  I'm not terribly worried because growth is still ok but I did prefer the look of many of my sps when they had their polyps out all day.  Any thoughts?
60g LPS Cube
kgwilliams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kgwilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2007 at 10:55am
I don't think that those levels are too high. I wouldn't worry about bringing them down any.  Whats your PH?
75gal reef /sump/ref 150MH 2 96w CF
Perhaps I would be better at basket weaving. . . at least it would be cheaper!
shaggydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaggydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2007 at 10:39am
Yeah they are not too high.  I don't have a pH kit at the moment so I guess that could be the problem but I run my sump light 24/7 growing chaeto so usually that keeps things pretty stable... at least it did in my last tank.  I should probably check rather than just assume.
60g LPS Cube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic