Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why meet Thursday not Frida?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Spuma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why meet Thursday not Frida?
    Posted: January 28 2004 at 12:04am
I was just wondering why we normally meet Thursdays and not Friday. I know the presidency likes to get together and eat out after the meetings (great time to mingle & meet), but for us that live up north and work early in the morning, just can't afford to go home very late. Fridays would allow us to sleep in a little after a late night!   

Just wondering why the preference?
chrisslc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisslc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 7:19am

They have decided to try a few Fri. meetings to test the turnout. If a lot of us out there want Fri. meetings (I know it would make it easier on those So. Utah guys to get here) then the best chance would be to rally support and FLOOD the next Fri. meet with as many people as possible. Of course if your a thurs. fan then I guess a counter rally would be in order. Gentlemen cast your votes (polling location is the rose garden in sugarhouse park)

Murray, Utah just north of the park.
"It's all the same to the clam" -Shel Silverstein
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 7:33am

We have been taking a poll (raise of hands) and the Thursday night vote is certainly winning.  By a lot.  But I will continue to hav Friday meetings every few months to see how they work out.  It was suggest a few months ago by Shane and I agreed to try it out. 

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 7:46am
Last months Friday meeting was evidently missed by many that feel friday is the best night.
Attendence speaks louder than words!
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 8:57am
I'll go either night and it's probably a good idea to have a few Friday meetings for the folks who travel far, but my vote is Thursdays.
Summertop View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Summertop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 9:04am

A couple of Friday meetings are OK...and kind of fun.  But I like to do something with my wife on fridays.  I try to bring her to the meetings, but she is very busy.

===========

Shawn Winterbottom
Adam Haycock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Haycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 11:00am
It just happens that Thursday is the only night I cant
attend since i work late.
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 12:20pm
Adam,

A compromise of quarterly Friday meetings is awesome!

I really enjoyed the opportunity to mingle before and after the meeting. I couldn't do this during the week. I keep telling my boss that work is interfering with my life, but she isn't too sympathetic.

Keep up the good work. I realize its tough to accomodate everyone's preferences.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 1:45pm

Thanks Shane, we do our best.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
jbruse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbruse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2004 at 7:20pm

Originally posted by BananaTropics BananaTropics wrote:

It just happens that Thursday is the only night I cant
attend since i work late.

Same here Bananna

Weimers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weimers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2004 at 9:06am

Me, too!  The Friday night meeting was fantastic for me.  Thursday is all right, but I have to be at work by 06:00, so I'd never get to socialize on a Thurs.  Also a fair drive from Ogden, which is well worth it for the great WMAS info!  But makes me snoozy on my desk on Friday.  Loved the discussion this week!

Renee

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic