Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Presidency Elections

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Shane H View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 10:45am
Oh - and I think it is a great idea to elect the pres and vice pres. Then the other elected or non-elected volunteers can be assigned the other various jobs as necessary.

I also really like the idea of asking club members to conduct meetings. (plan, prepare, present) This takes some of the stress away from the pres (or maybe adds to it), but it does seem to spread the work load a bit more.
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2004 at 1:14pm

Shane,

I like your idea of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" but what if it is broke?  I mean what if people don't like the way the club is currently being run?  Plus I'm pres now, so lets not put that into affect.  I say remove the term limit AFTER you all elect a new president, not now.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Travis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 10:15am

opinion from a Guest .  I've never met any of you  yet, but from the discussions on this board it seems to me Adam is a good president, that is open to new ideas and receptive and adjective to constructive criticism (If I was president every member would have a RO/DI Unit or else  ).  He obviously cares for WMAS so IMO he would be the best candidate for presidency.  

Besides, who else "does nothing takes credit" like Adam?

Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 1:40pm

I nominate Adam Blundell for WMAS President.
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
jfinch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfinch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 2:03pm
I second.
That's where my vote's going!
John Fletcher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Fletcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 3:42pm
Adam, IMO is doing an excellant JOB!!! If he is willing to stay on as President, lets keep him there.

Edited by John Fletcher
John Fletcher

20 years experience

(Tank of the Month for May 2003)Taking a little break...
Richard L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 5:12pm
So Adam, how do you feel about a second term?
Richard
Alpine, UT
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 5:17pm
WMAS Presidents

1995-96 Tim Weidauer
96-97   Tim
97-98   Tim
98-99   Joe Jones
99-00   Joe
2000-01 Mark Peterson
01-02   Mark
02-03   Adam Blundell
03-04   Adam
04-05   ?
Richard L. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2004 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by 1mariner7 1mariner7 wrote:

So Adam, how do you feel about a second term?

Oops, third term!

Richard
Alpine, UT
Adam Blundell View Drop Down
Presidency
Presidency

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Blundell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 9:43am

I still think there is someone out there with the drive and the energy to take this club to better places.  If I stay as pres then things would pretty much stay the same.  Plus I know there are people out there who don't like me or at least don't like the way I run the club
And lets not forget that we have many other people in the presidency that we need.  We should also be worrying about who will be filling those positions.

Adam

Come to a meeting, they’re fun!
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 9:50am
I think the clubs growth is evidence enough as to how well you've been running the club.  If you choose to run again I'll vote for you.
Jared Neilsen
Lehi, Utah
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 4:44pm
I would like to nominate Dave Daniels/Sarnack for Librarian or for Council Member in charge of the WMAS Library.

In a post a while back he suggested a library software program. We ought to let him implement it as far as is possible. I believe that a good library is vital. Ours always seems to be empty though. Are only members checking items and are the items returning the following month?
Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 5:04pm
Since Adam appears to want someone else to run for Pres, why not let the VP take over the position?  Jake? Comments? 
Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2004 at 6:34pm

I will not take over the President position.  I will decline any nomination to be president.

I would be willing to stay as vice president if the members so desire.

Edited by Jake Pehrson
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
Sarnack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarnack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2004 at 11:42am

Thanks Mark.  I think I could make some great changes to the library and how it is used by all, if I am voted in that is.

David Daniel

Marcus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2004 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Jake Pehrson Jake Pehrson wrote:

I will not take over the President position.  I will decline any nomination to be president.

I would be willing to stay as vice president if the members so desire.

What's the matter ya big sissy.

Dave, right on!  You have my vote!

Jake Pehrson View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake Pehrson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Marcus Marcus wrote:

What's the matter ya big sissy.

You got it.  I'm a big sissy.

Edited by Jake Pehrson
Jake Pehrson

Murray

coralplanet.com

:)
dianatabor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2004 at 8:39am
Thanks for the nomination, Suzy! (Sorry for the incredibly delayed response. I've been busy trying to put my house back together! Major water damage from a broken toilet... new walls, ceiling, carpet.)

I'd love to help anywhere the club needs it! How about a new position called Marketing Coordinator? That person could get the word out about our events (like the Reef Tour!) and coordinate our participation in the Festival of Trees and other public events. What do you think?   

sjlopez39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjlopez39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 9:06am
Threepeat has a nice ring to it. Wouldn't you say Adam?
Keep your hands and arms inside the tank and enjoy the ride!

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic