Utah Reefs Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

photography section?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
coreyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: photography section?
    Posted: February 09 2004 at 10:38pm
any thoughts on a photo section to post pics, tips, and tricks?
dianatabor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dianatabor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 11:49am
Excellent idea, Corey! I agree that we should have a photo section in the forum. It would be a great place to share photo tips and techniques, learn about editing and special effects, and post our pics. It could contain informative threads like Photographing Your Reef and digital photography 101.

I came across this site http://www.oc-creative.com/reef/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=1 1 this morning. They have an ongoing "Photo of the Month" section in their discussion forum. Each month they have a topic like "POTM! March - Show me your mushrooms!" Then, everyone posts pictures of the mushrooms in their tanks. It's a pretty good idea. I'd love to see more of what we have in local aquariums! What do you all think?

We could kick of the new forum section when we have Tim (timothyuhl) present his wonderful photographic techniques and recommendations at an upcoming meeting (Hint! Hint!)
Mark Peterson View Drop Down
Paid Member
Paid Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Peterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2004 at 9:02pm
I just learned yesterday that setting my Sony digital to "Outdoor" in the "White Balance" menu makes all the bluish shots more colorful.

Also if you are trying to catch an active fish in the shot, press the trigger halfway and when the fish is in the viewfinder, the shot can be taken immediately. At half trigger my Sony tries a focus adjustment for a second then beeps to let me know it thinks it's ready and focused! Of course it might be focused on the rock behind the fish!

Edited by Mark Peterson
Reefkeeping Tips, & quick, easy setup tricks:
www.utahreefs.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9244
Pay it forward - become a paid WMAS member
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic